2020 FOR TABLET

• May 1, 2018 at 9:28 pm #184737
      Dustin Humphrey
      Participant

When is 2020 going to create a mobile version. It would be very beneficial to be open a layout onsite and modify design right there. I dont need to render or do any perspectives. If we could just open layouts, modify them and show elevations .I use magicplan but that doesnt allow for me to open a .kit file designed on my computer and then modify. Our entire system at work is set up around 2020 from design to order.

• May 2, 2018 at 1:50 am #184739

This is easily possible – just spend $1800 on a Surface Pro running Windows. Tablets are lightweight systems meant for basic tasks I’m afraid.

Sarcasm aside, it would be nice if we had such a facility on iOS/Android but practically it’s a lot more difficult (whole new software package needed). I solved my problem by buying  myself a cheap Chinesium combined Android/Windows Tablet. Yes, the renders in texture mode were dog slow but it was fine for everything else and it would be a good option as it deals with .KIT files. Example machine here:

https://www.banggood.com/Chuwi-Hi12-Intel-Z8300-Quad-Core-1_84GHz-12-Inch-Dual-Boot-Tablet-p-1044181.html?cur_warehouse=CN

The battery on mine died after 2 years and I am waiting for a replacement but the computer was surprisingly useable. There are plenty of equivalents but I was very happy with the 2K screen on mine!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.