360 Pano Help!

• April 3, 2019 at 9:11 am #231819
      Kullen Biller
      Participant

Has anyone ever experienced problems on the 360 panoramic renderings like in my link? I’ve published half a dozen or so 360’s already with no problems at all but this one has stitching issues and break up lines throughout. I’ve rendered it twice with the same result!

Currently using Version 11.12.0.31

Many thanks! http://panorama.2020.net/view/wflo2v8gz0sinmnncyhuyg/

• April 3, 2019 at 4:18 pm #231955
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Kullen,

There are intermittent issues like that with the 360’s.  I haven’t seen it in quite a while.  Would it be possible for you to email us the .kit file?  Please send it to residentialsupport@2020spaces.com to my attention.  I’ll push it upstairs and see if they can dissect it to find out what is causing the issue.

Speaking of dissecting… Are you aware there is an axe murderer lurking behind the fireplace brickwork in your render? 🙂

Attachments:
    • April 3, 2019 at 6:10 pm #231969
      Kullen Biller
      Participant

Sounds good, I will send it over as soon as I can. Thank you! Regarding the axe murderer… Haha. That is Ceramic Man! He’s our in house tile mechanic, we trademarked the name a while back and are building a brand off of it. Most every job we do involves tile work so I’ve been playing around with throwing his logo into doorways that I don’t have finished space behind just for the fun of it. Feel free to follow Ceramic Man and CE Long Construction on the socials. That brings up a good point too, once the 360 is finished the camera is not in the position I had it once I started the render. It was supposed to be closer to the kitchen so that you got a better view of the layout and area plus you would be able to see Ceramic Man too and not a axe wielding murderer. lol

• April 3, 2019 at 7:18 pm #231970

Well spotted Neil! I suspect the Axe Murderer is what has caused the ‘slicing’ effect.  😎

Possibly for real if it’s an imported shape!

• April 4, 2019 at 10:15 am #231975
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

The Adventures of Ceramic Man!!!  Another web comic I’ll have to add to my favorites! 🙂

The camera can be a little finicky in the 360.  I would make sure the camera is not active on the floor plan and see if keeps the camera in the 360 more “at home”.

Neil

• April 11, 2019 at 8:24 pm #234169
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

LOL!  LOVE ceramic man!

I have this happen everytime I try and do a 360 on one of the computers here.  I’ve just resigned myself to never using that one for 360 renders – which is a shame, because it’s the most “tucked away” computer.

• May 10, 2019 at 2:15 pm #236989
      HJames Relyea
      Participant

I have recently run into this issue as well. When I run the 360 rendering at the lowest quality setting it comes out blurry but still passable. If I run the rendering at any higher quality setting I get the “broken glass” effect and the rendering is unusable. Do we know what this issue is caused by and/or how to fix it? Link to the broken image below. Thank you!

https://panorama.2020.net/view/m0g99l65mugpwpy9arhlha/

• May 10, 2019 at 2:32 pm #236990
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

I ALWAYS get this effect when I do a panorama on one of our two 2020 computers.  If I do one on the other computer – no problems.

I’ve never been able to figure it out.  I just don’t use that machine for 360s anymore  – which is really inconvenient.

Ariana

• May 10, 2019 at 2:45 pm #237001
      HJames Relyea
      Participant

Unfortunately I don’t have a secondary computer that can handle the 360 renderings. 🙁

• May 10, 2019 at 2:49 pm #237002
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Guys,

@ Ariana – do you know what video cards are in the 2 computers?  I’d be curious to know what the card in the computer that always generates the broken images is.

@ Hjames – Try doing a copy/paste of the design to a new file and see if the image is any better.

Neil

• May 10, 2019 at 3:52 pm #237012
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Neil,

How do I check what my card is?

Ariana

• May 13, 2019 at 12:43 am #237069

Hi Ariana,

There are a couple of methods:

If you don’t want to download a utility, go to “Device Manager” and expand “Display Adapters” (see picture). You can type “Device Manager” into Cortana or the search field.

Alternatively and better, download Speccy Portable (safe and doesn’t install anything) and run it: https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download/portable – if you then click on “Graphics” (see attached) it will also tell you the driver version you are running.

Report the card and driver version back and we may be able to suggest things to help.

• May 14, 2019 at 3:25 pm #237603
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Okay!

I did the Display Adapters thing….

The computer that makes nice 360s is Radeon Pro WX 4100

The computer that always “breaks” the 360s is NVIDIA Quadro 410

It’s all Greek to me!

Ariana

• May 14, 2019 at 3:57 pm #237629
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Hjames/Kullen,

Do you guys happen to know what your video cards are?  I’d be curious to know if it’s a Quadro issue.

Neil

• May 14, 2019 at 4:07 pm #237630
      HJames Relyea
      Participant

Hi Neil,

My Video card is: NVDIA GeForce GTX 960

• May 14, 2019 at 4:09 pm #237631
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

RATS! I was hoping I was on to something.

• May 14, 2019 at 4:11 pm #237632
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

How did the copy/paste of the design to a new file go Hjames?

Neil

• May 14, 2019 at 4:17 pm #237633
      HJames Relyea
      Participant

I haven’t had a chance to fully test that theory yet.

I did copy and paste the design into a new document, however it erased all of my applied textures. (Of which there were quite a few)

I was able to run the 360 rendering at medium quality but did not add all the textures back into the file yet. The broken glass issue did not appear with this “less textured new file”

When I have some time, I will add the rest of the textures into this layout and try to render again, and report back.

• May 14, 2019 at 7:33 pm #237649

Hi Ariana,

That does surprise me – I have a lot more trouble with AMD based graphics cards (the Radeon) than I do with the NVidia ones. Did you manage to see which software version you were on? I recommend downloading and installing the latest driver if it isn’t on it already – the Quadro 410 is currently on version 430 U2.

The 410 is an older card with only 512MB DDR3 RAM and you would gain a bit of a render (not pano) speed increase by going to a newer card. I’d suggest going to at least a GT710 which normally comes with 2GB DDR5 memory and is well under $70

• May 15, 2019 at 10:06 am #237660
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Thanks for the info, Mike!  I don’t know how to see what the software is.  The only info that came up when I did the Display Adapter thing was the names of the cards.

Would you say that the GT710 would be the thing to get to prepare us for the release of the 64bit version of 2020?

If that would stand us in good stead for that, we should get it anyway – though if a different card would be better for the 64bit – then we’ll probably hold out.

Forgive me if this is *duh* territory.  I really have no clue about any of this stuff.  I can make a light fixture in 2020 from two cubes and a plantpot – but the guts of a computer might as well be Mars!

Cheers,

Ariana

• May 15, 2019 at 7:08 pm #237872

Hi Ariana,

The GT710 wouldn’t be the card of choice for V12 but would work and would be a good quick fix for under $70.00. After that, the cards go up sharply in price and whether or not they can be justified depends on the spec of the PC as you might end up spending more money on RAM, processor upgrades etc. If you install the Speccy program, I’m happy to look at the results and come up with some suggestions. If you are in the Facebook forum, communicate with me there as you can send me the Speccy result file.

Just go to  https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download and download and run it – it will take about 30 seconds to get all the tech specs of your PC. It’s safe, has no ‘backdoors’ and doesn’t divulge any private info. You can uninstall it once you have generated the Speccy file.

Re ‘duh’ – I’m a Techie who drifted into Kitchen Design and my attitude is that you don’t need to understand a car engine to drive the car!

• May 16, 2019 at 12:56 pm #237900
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Thanks Mike!

I’m going to kick the contents of this conversation upstairs, and see what the bosses say.

Many thanks again!

Ariana

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.