Does the application slowly fall apart?

• September 14, 2019 at 2:13 am #248989
    Jonothan Desimini
    Participant

I won’t ever pretend to be a computer programmer or even that I understand the complexities of what that entails however I have noticed a slow at first but now faster degradation of the software stability the longer I’ve used it.

The ailments are as follows:

1. The first to show was in my “now you see them post” where certain catalogs and I believe only those that are globally validated would sporadically erase the Styles & Pricing selected shortly after they were entered. It only happened to me when using multiple catalogs from a singular vendor (basically duplicated catalogs that you made into A, B, C or 1, 2, 3 variants of itself). One catalog wouldn’t get it’s styles wiped out while the other would. And roughly within minutes of selecting them (3-5 minutes).

2. I hate this one and I don’t think I’ve seen it for a least a few versions but when the molding and trim (toe kick/baseboards/lightrails) change from the matching texture to a  medium gray texture instead? My own personal fix for these occurrences has always been to go to styles & pricing, edit the selected finish, go to variables and then textures and change the finish to one that’s in the common folder rather than custom textures from the vendor.

This only happens now in catalogs that use their own textures and not the built in 2020 ones. Seems like a programming flaw or issue. Hopefully this is fixed fast or more textures are added to the common folder so vendors don’t have to use their own custom ones.

c. Now as of tonight certain catalogs that use the “global validation” styles & pricing rules checking seem to crash 2020. Catalogs like Ultracraft and Plain & Fancy crash instantly after placing one cabinet. This is when the program normally opens the graphical Style & Pricing menu – prompting you to make the selections for doorstyle & finish. But instead of coming up – the program hangs and then crashes.

I’ve been using the P&F catalog the entire time during the pilot multiple times a day and never had an issue until now and because of this issue I cannot use the pilot as my daily work program of choice. I’m sure I could uninstall and reinstall again like I’ve done before for other issues but at this point it seems to me that there are underlying issues that have been brought from the old x86 program when perhaps for this release the program should have been rewritten from the ground up.

Hopefully you can figure this out sooner rather than later because other than the horrible issues now present – the 64 architecture appears faster and more capable of running smoothly while I”m multitasking in AutoCad and other design programs and windows applications.

Obviously the most recent beta/pilot has been out for a number of weeks (since 8/2) and none of the ‘issues” I’m about to mention were present during the first 1-2 weeks of use. Now to be as detailed as possible my system has had the following Microsoft updates occur since the installation on 8/2:

8/15/19 KB4512508

9/12/19 KB4515384

9/12/19 KB4514359

9/12/19 KB4516115

• September 15, 2019 at 12:51 pm #249063
    Derek Sisson
    Participant

I have also been experiencing the 2 issues you mention, 1 & 2. just thought i would comment also since this is an issue for me also.

• September 16, 2019 at 12:12 pm #249117
    Neil Wilson
    2020 Moderator

Hey Jonothan,

For number 3 I think you might just need to update the driver for your video card.

For the first 2 would it be possible to send us some instructions on how to recreate and maybe a design file that it’s happening in?  You can send them to 2020designpilot@2020spaces.com and we will be able to take a closer look.

Thank you

Neil

• September 16, 2019 at 12:17 pm #249119
    Jonothan Desimini
    Participant

I had done all my driver updates prior and had none for the video card and just checked now – still nothing.

#3  I’m not sure if it matters but in version 11 I have no issue with the popup styles & pricing screen that comes up. It’s only in 12 and again – it’s only the most recent of the issues that have come to light.

#2 is happening in almost all the version 12 files now where the vendor specificies their own custom textures outside of the common folder. I’ll be happy to send over a file now to the email address provided. There’s no instructions other than after a few minutes of working in the design the molding texture disappears. And then its gone. I’ve tried to switch to a different manufacturer color but as stated above the only fix I have found would be to manually edit the textures to link to a common folder texture rather than the manufacturers.

Thanks. Email with jobfile is incoming.

• September 16, 2019 at 12:18 pm #249121
    Neil Wilson
    2020 Moderator

That’s awesome, thanks.

Looking forward to the email.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.