HOW DO YOU INSTALL DUPLICATE CLOUD CATALOGS?

• April 21, 2020 at 8:43 am #278554
      Eric Pratt
      Participant

My company has used multiple local instances of one catalog to have multi style and color products in one kit file for years and I have been looking for a way to do this in the cloud browser.  I have asked this question offline and the answer is yes it can be done but I cannot locate that feature.

• April 21, 2020 at 8:57 am #278555
      Keymaster

Hi Eric,

That’s one of the benefits of catalogs from 2020 Cloud – there’s no need to maintain multiple versions. Using the 2020 Configurator in 2020 Design, you can change the doors styles, material, finish or other features applied to one or several items in your design.

Which catalog(s) are you using?

Cheers,

2020 Admin

• April 22, 2020 at 10:19 am #278806
      Eric Pratt
      Participant

Got it…will need to learn how and when to apply to each item.  Testing with Marsh catalogs now, so trying to find best way to learn and train our designers for when this is available to all.

• April 22, 2020 at 10:40 am #278807
      Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Great! We’re planning a couple of short webinars for pilot users later this week & early next which might be helpful – keep an eye on your email for the details!

Best,

2020 Admin

• April 24, 2020 at 2:30 pm #279137
      Eric Pratt
      Participant

Ok…just saw the webinar and understand a bit more about the cloud config and multiple catalogs.  One thing that stood out to me is that the pricing of each cloud catalogs is specific to each user meaning that we will lose our ability to control all sell pricing with pre programmed catalogs that we have been doing for over 10 years.  I guess my question is can cloud cats be group assigned pricing somehow and/or will local catalogs still be an option since we program current local catalogs with sell factors that already have markup percentages built in to them.  This is quite a big deal for us moving into cloud config as we have our entire sales process built around predefined sell factors so that cost factors and markups are not common knowledge.

• April 24, 2020 at 3:26 pm #279138
      Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Thanks for joining us today!

Let us take a look at this and we’ll have one of our experts address it.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Cheers,

2020 Admin

• April 29, 2020 at 9:45 pm #279448
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your input.

What you are suggesting in terms of rate pricing for a group of users is not possible at the moment. The good news is that we are looking in ways to implement such functionality. An administrator would have the power to control the rates. He would then have the controls to display/hide the rates to the end user.

At this moment it is not clear when we will have it though.

Stay tuned!

Thanks again,

Santiago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags