Now you see them (Styles & Pricing) … Now you don't

• August 9, 2019 at 1:21 am #245410
      Jonothan Desimini
      Participant

I have to admit, there’s nothing I hate more (and there’s few things I hate) then glitches or issues where 2020 resets its self or undoes work that you’ve done. Whether it be the prior generations going back in time undoing countless steps of your work or now it seems that Pilot 3 has this affinity to unset all the variables you’ve chosen for a particular catalog.

I’ve noticed that if there’s more than one catalog only one seems to be affected. However if you only have one then – it’s all the cabinets in the design that have reverted to their default doorstyle and finish.

Still working to figure out what triggers this but in the last week it’s happened every day, a few times a day. Instead of crashing it resets. And the moldings redraw themselves. Fun!

• August 12, 2019 at 9:35 am #245611
      Santiago Morales
      Participant

Hello Jonothan,

Thank you for your feedback.  This is definitely not good.  We will look into this.  An agent will most likely contact you to gather additional details.

Thank you,

Santiago

• August 12, 2019 at 2:50 pm #245740
      Neil Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Hi Jonothan,

I tried to find your info in our system and there are multiple entries for you so I figured I would just ask here in the forum.

Once you have more information on the crash, ideally a set of instructions on how to cause it with a plan and the catalog (Yup, just that  🙂 ) would you please let us now at 2020DesignPilot@2020spaces.com and we will be able to properly investigate the issue.

Thank you for your time and efforts in helping us improve our product.

Neil

• August 12, 2019 at 2:57 pm #245745
      Jonothan Desimini
      Participant

Neil,

I’m still trying to work it out but it seems to be happening 2/5 times when I’m working. Once I can figure it out better I will send the email but the one thing that I do know – it seems to only affect catalogs that have verification or rules built in to confirm the selections are permitted by the manufacturer. I believe these types of catalogs are the ones you guys make in house for vendors?

Other than that I’m still trying to figure out what triggers it. At the moment it seems to be just about anything after a certain amount of time.

Are there logs in the system that could perhaps shed some light on this? It’s incredibly frustrating and I’ve actually reset my registry (didn’t happen for a while but then started up again), completely uninstalled both versions of 2020 and reinstalled and then only installed the catalogs I needed (some where rules based) and again it didn’t happen right away but then it started back up.

If there’s a report I can just send over let me know otherwise I’m still trying to dissect this one. Thanks!

• September 3, 2019 at 8:12 am #247117
      Derek Sisson
      Participant

I am experiencing this exact issue also, still have not put my finger on the actual cause of it yet. if i can make this repeatable i will certainly post instructions.

• October 1, 2019 at 3:55 pm #251423
      Lin Hamilton
      Pilot Pro

I just started seeing this yesterday on a semi-customer manufacturer’s catalog.  It makes no difference how many times I have saved a design — it may (or may not) open up with a completely empty selection section.  I just installed another copy of the same catalog in order to figure out if multiple uses sometimes corrupts the catalog.

• October 3, 2019 at 12:34 pm #251690
      Neil Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Hey Lin,

Is it happening in multiple catalogs or just the one?  Which manufacturer catalog is it?  Would it be possible to get a copy of the catalog?  You can put it in the FTP site below:
      As requested, a temporary FTP account has been created for you on FTPTMP.2020.NET.
      Here are the credentials:
      Username: 1570120207

Password: 894834
      These credentials can be used in your favorite FTP client software.
      If you don’t have a FTP client software installed, you can also use Internet Explorer to gain access to this FTP account using this URL:
      ftp://ftptmp.2020.net/
      Once prompted for username and password, make sure you entered the credentials included in this email.
      Be aware that all temporary FTP account are deleted automatically after 30 days.
      Also if you can provide us with a detailed set of instructions on how to recreate the issue it would be tremendously helpful.
      Thank you

Neil

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Neil Wilson.
    • October 5, 2019 at 12:32 pm #251975
      Lin Hamilton
      Pilot Pro

Neil,

Sorry, the FTP page has defeated me.  I can sign in, but cannot figure out how to load the file or write a comment.

So far the problem is only happening in one catalog NHC1907 (an OEM version of the corresponding catalog in UltraCraft).   Unforfunately, that is the catalog I have needed for customers the last few days.

I cannot repeat the problem, but suspect it is a memory issue since it tends to happen later in the day BUT continues to happen in the same design after I restart my computer.

Sometime in the past I was having a similar problem with 10.x or 11.x with a large complicated design.  I took to “saving as” every 10 minutes so when the design became corrupted and I also corrupted the backup file, I could go back to a non-corrupted version.

I am not doing any large complicated designs this week — the problem happened with a 84″ long master bath.

How much memory does this version need?

• October 7, 2019 at 9:53 am #252116
      Neil Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Hi Lin,

With the 64 bit version memory should not really be an issue. Unless you are running a bunch of other programs at the same time as 2020 and/or you only have 8gb of RAM or less on your computer.

We’ll see if we can dig up the catalog here to tesst.  Thanks for trying.

Neil

• October 8, 2019 at 3:06 pm #252333
      Lin Hamilton
      Pilot Pro

Neil,

I really think memory has something to do with it.  In today’s case, I am using a number of Cloud appliances–Cloud items always seem to use up memory.

Yesterday’s Styles and Pricing list shows all of my nice selections.  I “saved as” this morning to make some changes and everything had dropped out of my NHC (Nest by UltraCraft) and the Room Top lists.

Screen grabs attached.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.