Version 12 System Requirements?

• April 17, 2019 at 11:55 am #234653
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Does anyone know what the system requirements will be for version 12?

We are scheduled for a hardware upgrade soon, and if V12 is on the horizon, I’d like to get what we need now.

Cheers,

Ariana

• April 17, 2019 at 4:30 pm #234865
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Ariana,

Right now the system requirements for version 12 are the same as they are for version 11.  That said I would recommend getting an I7 processor (at least 8th generation), 16 gb of Ram and one of the new RTX 2000 series of cards from Nvidia.  That will give you a sweet machine that will be well situated to take advantage of the improved 64 bit architecture in version 12.

Just my 2 cents

Neil

• April 17, 2019 at 8:59 pm #234886

Hi Ariana,

In addition to what Neil said, can I suggest getting the fastest i7 or i9 you can afford as well as an SSD as primary boot disk. If you are looking at notebooks rather than desktops, Amazon have this machine which is an amazing spec for the price (no, I’m not on commission!):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NP2K14Z/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_rV8TCbW3KFWN5

• April 18, 2019 at 12:47 pm #235068
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Thank you Neil and Mike!

We have two people designing kitchens, so two desktop computers.  One is out on the floor and is used for design AND meeting with clients – the other is basically where we “hide” and plough through work. LOL

If the specs are largely the same as now, odds are we will leave the hideaway computer as it is, and maybe impliment the upgrades on the sales floor machine.

This gives me exactly the info I need!

Thanks again guys!

• May 15, 2019 at 3:10 pm #237858
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Another question – will kitchens designed in V12 be backwards compatible for v11? Or will the 64bit to 32bit mean we have another situation like v9 to v10?

Ariana

• May 15, 2019 at 3:31 pm #237859
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Ariana,

Version 12 files will not be backwards compatible to older versions.  As always you can move files up to the new version but once you save them in the new version they will not go back to the older one.

Neil

• May 15, 2019 at 3:39 pm #237860
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

whoa.  Okay – good to know.

Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.