11.7 to 11.8 move = unhappy designers here

• August 4, 2017 at 3:22 pm #141456
      Larry
      Participant

Hello 2020,

I just want to relay some frustration from our designers that are using the latest version of 2020. Here’s some of the things:

•  The latest versions forces users to create accounts and log into the 2020 BETA Cloud to use catalogs such as the room_dec, even though the catalog is still installed on their machine.
      •  They are crashing more. Sometimes after crashing it messes something up to where when opening a design the program crashes right away so the program is totally broken until the registry is reset which seems to automagically cure it.
      • The Registry Reset tool doesn’t work all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes you have to hit Run as Aaministrator, and sometimes you have to run it from the program directory

Thank you

• August 7, 2017 at 11:42 am #141498
      George
      2020 Admin

2020 Cloud has now been available for over 18 months, and during this time we’ve been continuously increasing the number of decorative items, as well as improving the quality of the 3D models within this catalog. The Decorative Items cloud catalog is regularly updated based on our customers’ requests, and new versions are streamed live and automatically to all 2020 Design users. In mid-June, we completed a major update, where we added many more items to ensure those previously available in the Room_Dec catalog would have an equivalent, and often better, version in 2020 Cloud. I assume from your comment, that you have a request for certain items that are no longer available, which we may have missed during this update? If so, it would be great if you could let us know using the link below, and we’ll do everything we can to ensure these are added to the very next version: https://www.2020spaces.com/2020-decorative-items/
      Regarding the registry issue needing to be ‘Run as Administrator’, this is a Microsoft User Account Security setting by Windows.
      If you contact a support agent, they should be able  setup the executable file so that it permanently runs as Admin

• August 7, 2017 at 12:06 pm #141499
      Larry
      Participant

Thank you for the reply George, although you didn’t address any of the concerns reported. But don’t worry, it is what it is and we’ll live with it. I realize 2020 doesn’t always like when people voice their concerns, any controviseral posts are usually removed, but I’d feel terrible not trying to relay some of our concerns.

Cheers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.