20-20 Cloud Items Not Modifiable

• April 11, 2019 at 9:40 am #234093
      Kirstyn Weld
      Participant

I use the 20-20 cloud quite often. I find that sometimes (usually if my program crashes) when I come back in, it won’t let me modify previously modifiable items off the cloud. (For example, the stack of white bowls… I will have previously been able to modify the dimensions as well as the textures… at the moment I can’t.)

I haven’t found a solution to this – how to get it to go back to allowing me to modify it. It just seems to be rather willy nilly. Sometimes it will let me and sometimes it won’t. As I said, oftentimes I get this reaction after the program crashes. However, today it just stopped allowing me to modify it for seemingly no reason. Just 10 minutes ago I was able to modify the properties of jars I brought in from the cloud and now I can’t modify anything.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Attachments:
    • April 11, 2019 at 6:10 pm #234166
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Kirstyn, you should be able to modify this item as i’ve tested on my machine. You should call us at 1-866-697-2020 to have support take a look at this.

• April 11, 2019 at 8:00 pm #234167
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Kirstyn,

I’ve noticed that if I pull something out of the Cloud, it remains modifiable *until* I save the kit file.  Once I’ve hit SAVE, very often the attributes are locked.

However, if I pull a NEW one of the same thing from the Cloud – I can mod that one…. just not the one that was on my floorplan when I saved.

Don’t know if that applied to your case.  Maybe the crash acted as a save?  After the crash, can you still mod a new copy of the bowls?

• April 12, 2019 at 10:07 am #234174
      Kirstyn Weld
      Participant

Hi Ariana! Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, that’s not the same for me. After the items on the cloud stop being modifiable they… stop being modifiable. It doesn’t matter if I pull new ones or if I close the program (or crash the program by closing it in Task Manager) or restart my computer. Nothing works. It will stay this way for a few days and then I’ll be able to modify things again. I guess I will call the number above to see what’s going on, but I will have to wait as, overnight, I am now mysteriously able to modify them again.

• April 12, 2019 at 10:15 am #234175
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

How frustrating!  Have you tried logging out of the Cloud and logging back in?

Of course you have.  Crap.  That would drive me INSANE.

Ariana

• April 12, 2019 at 11:19 am #234210
      Kirstyn Weld
      Participant

Lol! It does definitely drive me insane. I don’t always get to decorate my rooms, but when I do I like to take the time to make sure things coordinate… can’t do that when I can’t change the textures or dimensions!

• April 12, 2019 at 12:05 pm #234218
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Kirstyn,

Try as I may I cannot recreate the issue here.  Even after saving the file, closing 2020, disconnecting my internet and then reopening the file I can still modify the items.

Which version of 2020 are you running?  Is it 11.12?  If not the first thing I would recommend is to update to the most recent version.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.