2020 Cloud Decorative Items – No longer able change attributes

• December 28, 2023 at 11:50 am #435520
      Jacque Ball
      Participant

No longer able to change textures or sizes in 2020 decorative items catalog on cloud.  Example – 41 – Sconce I used to be able to change the texture to black but that is no longer an option.  I was also able to change sizing and am no longer able to do so.

Is there going to be an update to be able to do this again?  I want my renderings to standout and and set me apart from the competition.  This just looks like I’m not paying attention to details.

• December 28, 2023 at 12:55 pm #435521
      Drew Irving
      Participant

I posted about this a while back, and received a reply that you are correct, as of the most recent cloud update, we cannot edit textures on cloud items.

They did say that restoring that feature is a high priority, but weren’t able to provide any details as to when that might happen.

There have been numerous people complaining about it since it happened, as you’re right, it makes it VERY difficult to be accurate and detailed in our renderings.

I mean, we can also build or download and import Sketchup models, but that comes with a whole different set of issues….

• December 28, 2023 at 3:41 pm #435522
      George
      2020 Admin

Hello Drew,

You are correct that texture and dimension changes are features that have been requested back by multiple users. You have our assurance that the importance of this request has been and will be conveyed once again to our Cloud Content Team and Product Management  so that an update may be prioritized as soon as possible.

Thank you

• January 23, 2024 at 10:52 am #436174
      Joshua Riendeau
      Participant

I agree! I hate not being able to change the attributes of cloud items. Especially lights, size, color, brightness, etc. Bring this feature back!! We need to be able to do this.

Because of this, I will not update my 2020.

• January 24, 2024 at 6:44 am #436189
      Becca Cullen
      Participant

Not being able to change the attributes is a major oversight in this new update. The cloud attributes are NOT user friendly. Even searching the cloud catalog has become quite annoying. The lighting from the cloud also does not light up! We used to be able to edit the light properties but now the “intensity” box is greyed out and not editable. Very disappointing.

• January 29, 2024 at 2:18 am #436401
      panda clamb
      Participant

Your blog taught me a lot, and I think you could have much more fun if you studied classic video games. I am excited to reminisce about our past games together. run 3

• February 20, 2024 at 1:02 pm #436707
      Joy Truslow
      Participant

Are there any updates on when this will be fixed?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.