2020 Crashing on Molding Modifications

• September 28, 2015 at 3:47 pm #51477
      Jon Peterson
      Participant

I am an IT guy for about 50+ designers using 2020 v9. Over the last few months I have had many designers (over 20) tell me that their 2020 crashes while making adjustments to moldings in designs they are creating. One designer in particular took the time to send me screen shots and a detailed explanation of what he was experiencing. As he describes, using UF696 molding, adding different molding types on the same design, when the molding joins on an inner corner, and the molding crosses paths, it crashes 2020. Could this be a catalog problem, a design creation problem or does anyone have any ideas? Attached is the screenshot and I also have the actual design file if needed. Thanks a bunch!

Jon Peterson

• September 28, 2015 at 3:50 pm #51484
      Jon Peterson
      Participant

• December 3, 2015 at 1:41 pm #63423
        Bob A.
        2020 Partner

A lot of our rendering issues, some leading to crashing, were resolved by updating to V10 of Design.

• September 28, 2015 at 3:57 pm #51486
      Jon Peterson
      Participant

Link to image.

http://1drv.ms/1FDMOZt

• October 31, 2015 at 9:45 am #56582
        Anonymous
        Inactive

Jon,
        After viewing your link, the mouldings should be continuous without butting into each other. That alone can cause the crash. The designer needs to run the mouldings to the outside of the cabinet face frame and then stack you next piece of moulding using a continuous line, no butt joints. It’s sometimes better to use the elevation mode to set your stacked mouldings and adjust the heights of each piece to your desired heights. Butt joints with your mouldings can cause countless issues, always use continuous mouldings.

• September 29, 2015 at 10:59 am #51585
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Jon,

That is pretty complex looking corner.  Different heights of stacked mouldings meeting the back corner.  The first thing I would test would be to do a copy/paste of the design into a new file.  Do a drag box to select everything in the design and then go to Edit and select copy. Go to File and select new and in the new file go back to edit and select paste.  Left click in the work area to drop in the design and then give it a try.  I have found this to be a great little trick when I have issues like this one.

Neil

• September 29, 2015 at 11:01 am #51587
      Pasquale Brancati
      Participant

Hi Jon,

From what you described in your email, software instability can be due to a variety of reasons. Some due to inadequate hardware or driver updates, others can be software or data defect. We would need to have a support agent work with the designer to get a better picture of the problem they are experiencing. I recommend you ask the designer or whomever can work with our customer support team to contact us & we would be more than happy to help with this. We can be reached at toll free 1-866-697-2020 or via email at residentialsupport@2020spaces.com

Thank you
      Pat

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.