2020 Creating Recovery Files………

• January 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm #223250
      Willesa
      Participant

Since I have installed version 11.11.3, every time I save a drawing, then click exit, when I attempt to open 2020 again, I get an error message saying one or more recovery files has been created (Picture is attached). If I click yes to open the files, it opens drawings that were not even from my last save point. If I click no, that I do not want to open the recovery file, it causes my drawing to corrupt and I have to start over. I’ve asked my co-workers if they have recently had this issues and they haven’t. Is there any way to fix this?

Attachments:
    • January 10, 2019 at 12:25 pm #223269
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Willesa,

The recovery file system was put in place in version 11.11 to eliminate the loss of files to the software creating .err files.

When you get the recovery file message always say yes and then save the file.  Then immediately close 2020 and reopen it.  You should not get the recovery file message a second time.

Hope that helps

Neil

• January 10, 2019 at 12:43 pm #223288
      Willesa
      Participant

Ok, just so I understand.

1.) Save my original file, then exit (as always)

2.) Open 2020, I get that Recovery error message, click yes

3.) Save the recovery file — even if it did not open my drawing from the last save point

4.) Open my original drawing?

The recovery file literally does not reflect any of my last successful save. So I don’t want to override my original file and I don’t want to backtrack and start the drawing off. I guess I don’t understand how saving a whole new file is going to stop it from happening to my original?

This happens with every single drawing, every time 2020 is opened.

I will test this out, but this new feature should be an option just like autosave is an option. It’s caused three of my drawings to fully corrupt (even BAK files) and I’ve had to start over.

• January 10, 2019 at 12:53 pm #223290
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

If the file does not reflect the changes you have made you can do a save as and change the name a little so it won’t overwrite the original file.

The recovery file feature is designed to save files that are damaged or corrupted so the last changes made might be what is causing the crashes.

If it happens every time there is something wrong for sure.  The best thing to do would be to call the 1-866-697-2020 and have one of our techs connect to your computer and see what is causing the issue.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags