2020 Design 11.8 is now available

• June 12, 2017 at 5:22 pm #134526
      Edith
      Participant

New Version is now available

2020 Design 11.8 in English is now available for download here.

Thanks

• June 13, 2017 at 7:36 pm #134706

Hmmmm. Am I the only one finding V11.8 slow to load AND slow to open drawings? I’m on an i7 3GHz system with 16GB of RAM and an SSD – Windows itself tales only 10 seconds to boot so it’s not my system.

• June 15, 2017 at 8:54 am #135021
      Derek Sisson
      Participant

Hi Mike,

I recently updated and am not having slow load times. takes approx 3-4 seconds to open a drawing.

I am however having an issue with adding a point to crown molding vertically on screen. See attached image. In this scenario I have crown that did not return to the wall as a range hood was in the way. In actual fact the column of the hood is not in the way so the crown needs to return to the wall. But i cannot right click the point and select add point and have it return to the wall as i have in every other version of 20-20. I noticed this issue in this version and the version prior. I have also tested this on 2 other computers with the same results. Anyone else having this particular issue? any suggestions for workarounds?

Attachments:
    • June 16, 2017 at 1:54 pm #135324
      Nick
      Participant

I seem to be having a small issue in 11.8.

Previously I was able to select multiple items and use the placement arrows to quick offset them. It seems like it can only be done with individual items. Unless of course there is a setting that I’ve missed that has changed since the install…

• June 16, 2017 at 2:02 pm #135326
      Derek Sisson
      Participant

Hi Nick,

your not the only one with this issue… i noticed this also.

• June 16, 2017 at 4:18 pm #135356
      Edith
      Participant

Hello Nick

Thank you for your feedback. The defect has been reported.

We will do our best to address it as soon as possible.

Regards

• June 17, 2017 at 11:46 am #135394
      Veronica Arabudzki
      Participant

What’s different about 11.8 versus 11.7?   We have 11.7 at our office now.

• June 19, 2017 at 11:00 am #135449
      Jonathan Desimini
      Participant

I’ve had the problem with the moldings not returning lets say and when I want to add a point vertically the added point only wants to go horizontally. No matter which direction I go, which corner of the point I click. It’s like the sensitivity or zones or something regarding this operation have changed. Perhaps not, but that’s just my guess.

Also where is the changelog for 11.8? Originally it was posted without one (strange) and the one up now doesn’t work nor does the location/file exist. Posting it would certainly answer some peoples questions.

And yes, selections of multiple items do not offset as they’ve had in previous versions. Guess I’m going back to 11.7.

• June 19, 2017 at 11:21 am #135506
      Edith
      Participant

Hello Veronica

I will invite you to revise the release notes on our 2020.net site. You will find detailed information concerning the changes between versions.

Regards

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.