2020 Live questions/issues

• August 25, 2020 at 7:22 pm #294943
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

I’m using the 2020 framed catalog, and I have some questions:

– 3/4″ base end panels are sized at 48″ deep, and cannot be resized
      –  I can remove the doors from a base cabinet, but I cannot eliminate the shelf.  Also, I cannot resize it (full, 3/4 or 1/2 depth).
      –  Can I change the default drawer head?  I’m using the raised panel, full overlay, cope and stick door, but I want a slab drawer head, not a 5-piece.
      –  I placed a 30″ wide tall oven/microwave cabinet.  None of the default appliances fit this cabinet properly.  I can attach appliances from other catalogs successfully, but I don’t have control over the cabinet cut-out, so it doesn’t look right.

I also placed a hood from the Stanisci cloud catalog.  I am not able to modify the finish at all, so it’s not much use 🙁

A general observation:  the cloud catalogs are very convenient to use, but it seems we’ve lost much of the fine control that advanced users like myself once had with local catalogs.  Using attributes I could typically make a cabinet do whatever I needed it to do.  Cloud catalogs are not nearly as manipulable.  If the more advanced controls for cabinet modification are located elsewhere, can someone tell me where to look?

• August 26, 2020 at 3:48 pm #295047
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Chris,

Thank you for this feedback.  I have forward it to the Cloud Team so see what is in the realm of the possible.

Stay tuned ; )

Thanks again,

Santiago

• September 8, 2020 at 2:12 am #295664
      Jonothan Desimini
      Participant

Chris,

I completely hear where you are coming from. I remember when I first heard about the cloud catalogs and that there wasn’t going to be access to the variables like you have with the local catalogs and thought to myself – that leaves me at the mercy of the vendors and the software company to create the items I need in the ways I need it. Often I would wedge something in that somewhat worked and then play with the variables and in worse case scenarios render the picture and finish doctoring it up in Photoshop. It’s really disappointing to see the ability to make the software functional removed from the hands of those who needed it most.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.