2020 will not open

• November 12, 2017 at 7:38 pm #159984
      Li You
      Participant

Hi,

To make the story short, we rolled back to 2020 v11.3 because of the amount of bugs in 11.8.

When I try to open 2020 v11.3 in Windows 10 it will not do anything for some odd reason, the process is running if you go into task manager but nothing happens (I alt tabbed just to make sure it wasn’t running in the background), So I did a registry reset and restart the PC, opened it once again and this time it worked, but when I close it down again it will not reopen and I have to reset the reg again. I installed v11.4 and it does the same thing so I uninstalled it and installed v11.5 and for some odd reason it works for v11.5 and up. But the Designers absolutely needs V11.3

Anyone got a suggestion or a fix ?

• November 12, 2017 at 9:52 pm #159985
      Li You
      Participant

Wow After 3 hours of debugging I found out that we had a software running named Nahimic 2, a enhanced sound driver that comes with MSI motherboards and when that thing is running (always) it will not let 2020 open for some odd reason! But it seems to be patched after version 11.5!

• November 13, 2017 at 10:36 am #159991
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Good Morning Li,

Thank you for the update.  Glad to hear you are up and running.

Neil

• November 15, 2017 at 9:57 am #160384
      Edith
      Participant

Hello Li

I am happy to know you found that the cause of the problem for 2020 not launching was Nahimic, thank you for sharing!

Also and more importantly,  I will be glad to assist you with what you seem to be experiencing in the latest version, please let’s connect so we can better assist you.

Send me your contact info at residentialsupport@2020spaces.com

Looking forward to hear from you.

Edith

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.