Access to Cloud will expire…

• January 29, 2021 at 1:20 pm #315182
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Okay – my 2020 just flagged me that my access to the Cloud will expire unless I update my software before 8/21.

What?

• January 30, 2021 at 11:41 am #315204
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Ariana,

As 2020 continues to provide new updates and additional functionality to 2020 Cloud, it is sometimes impossible for these to be delivered to customers using older versions of 2020 Design. When this is the case, we always try to give plenty of notice to our customers, so that they have time to download and install a more contemporary version. In this case, we have provided 7 months notice for our customers to upgrade to version 12, which will have been available to all our customers for around 2 years by then. Hopefully, this unavoidable action and the time you have to upgrade to the latest version does not cause any issues for you.

Please feel free to reach out to us if there’s anything we can do to help you upgrade!

Thank you

Edith

• February 5, 2021 at 4:27 pm #315688
      mike ISIK
      Participant

When we purchase our older versions that time you didnt mention that could will expire. We all have whole program that we paid for. It doesnt make sense when you come after 2 years and tell us our cloud will expire. It doesnt fair as well. wehen we purchase that time this wasnt written in the contract. you can make it for newer versions and lock out people when you get agreement with them but not the older versions. It is like we purchase an iphone 2 years ago and 2 years later apple says if you dont get new iphone you cant use the old one! What apple does -newer versions does not communicate with older iphones but you can still use them as fully functional as when you first purchase.

• February 8, 2021 at 1:22 pm #315792
      jacky kreijkamp
      Participant

When you have an older phone it’s possible that some functionalities off the new software doesn’t work. Your phone still works as advertised. In version 11 you still have local catalog for lighting and furniture I believe and you still can import Sketchup files.

• February 8, 2021 at 2:02 pm #315800
      mike ISIK
      Participant

No, 2020 design went to cloud and deleted the local furniture catalog from version 10. They need to give older version to access what they promised before.

• February 8, 2021 at 6:34 pm #315874
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Mike,

Version 10 of our program never had access to the cloud. The 2020 cloud was only released in the version 11.6. This means that version 10 should still have the old catalogs (ROOM_DEC + ROOM_FUR).

The message that Ariana was referring to will only appear on the cloud browsers for our version 11 users, so you will have all of the same functionality to version 10 as you’ve had up until now.

Regards,

Kris

• February 8, 2021 at 8:30 pm #315877

Hi Kris,

Is there a version of V10 that has the ‘Ship Catalog’ option in the Catalog Manager please?

• February 9, 2021 at 11:56 am #315993
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Mike,

I believe the newer versions of 10 have the ‘Ship Catalog’ function. If my information is correct, it should be available in the version 10.5.

Click HERE to download the version 10.5. If you have an older version of 10, then you can do a basic uninstall and then install 10.5 to have the ability to ship catalogs.

Hope this helps!

Kris

• February 9, 2021 at 12:20 pm #315994
      mike ISIK
      Participant

I have version 11 and I don’t know how to access cloud when it expires.

• February 9, 2021 at 12:24 pm #315995
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Mike,

Once the August 31, 2021 comes around, the cloud will not be usable on any versions of 11. The only way you will be able to continue its usage would be by upgrading your program to version 12.

Regards,

Kris

• February 9, 2021 at 12:51 pm #315996
      mike ISIK
      Participant

OK. That was my point. When we purchase version 11 there wasn’t subscription or payment charge. And now you are eliminating a function that we already purchased. Like I purchased an iphone and apple say: ok from this time you cant send text messages !? I can understand some future that we cant use in version 11 because we didn’t upgrade but you are literally taking out something we already purchased 2 years ago. You are changing contract details after purchasing done!

• February 9, 2021 at 12:57 pm #315997
      mike ISIK
      Participant

I’m going to get a professional help to ask the Federal Trade commission if you can change the contract terms after the sale or if you should provide a similar service to recover what we already purchased and you are changing your system and we wont be able to use it.

• February 9, 2021 at 2:17 pm #316042
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Mike,

Access to our Cloud bases content is not being removed from 2020 Design, we are giving our customers several months notice that the Cloud based content will only be available with 2020 Design version 12 or higher.

With several months notice, we feel we are giving our customers ample time to upgrade/migrate to the most recent version of 2020 Design Live which has plenty of interesting new configurable cloud based content and access to our new EZ rendering engine.

Regards,

Kris

• February 9, 2021 at 2:39 pm #316043
      mike ISIK
      Participant

So Can I use 2020 furniture content after August 2021 in version 11?

Giving a notice doesn’t mean it is your rights to remove purchased catalog content from our hands. You can give us notice and tell you only have licence for vers 11 and we can only use older items that make sense. I don’t know if next years notice will say nowadays you cant save your designs because it is unsupported version.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.