Accounting Software:

• June 30, 2016 at 11:23 am #94059
      chris scully
      Participant

Hello,
      I am a non aligned dealer. Can you recommend an accounting package that will allow me to take a CAP worksheet and import the worksheet into our accounting program, so I can issue a po with the items on the worksheet?
      thank you,
      Chris

• July 5, 2016 at 2:34 pm #94344
      Christopher Rathlein
      2020 Moderator

Hi Chris. I have seen a lot of non-aligned dealers use programs such as Team Design, Khameleon or Quick Books. There are also many “Quick Books-esq” companies out there that offer similar products.

The real trick is customizing the import process. 2020 Worksheet has a built in export for programs like Team Design and Hedberg. However, non-industry specific programs, like Quick Books, will require you to customize their software to allow a .SIF or .XML file to be imported properly. This involves mapping fields in the accounting package so it recognizes the fields in the .SIF or .XML. 2020 does not have the expertise to customize a generic accounting software (there are too many on the market), but if you create a SIF or XML from Worksheet you can usually open that file in Windows Notepad or Internet Explorer to see how the file is structured.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.