Adjust defaults in Countertop Wizard or Countertops and Trims?

• September 5, 2018 at 4:50 pm #202345
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi All!

Small frustration:  Whenever we use either the Countertop Wizard or the Countertops and Trims button to add countertops to a kitchen, the depth of the countertop *barely* clears the cabinet doors!  In our neck of the woods anyway, the standard depth for countertop is 25 1/2″. So, after adding the countertops we always have to go in and manually edit every depth so it looks accurate.

I have found in Preferences where you adjust the default for *end* overhangs and bartops etc – but is there nowhere to adjust the standard depth of the countertops that are drawn?

Help!  I must be blind!

Many thanks!

Ariana

• September 5, 2018 at 5:11 pm #202346
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Ariana,

Unfortunately there is nowhere to change the default depth of the countertop.  The information comes directly from the catalog so there is no preference setting for it.  You are definitely not the first person to ask about it though so I’ll point it out to our product manager and hopefully it make its way into a future release.

Neil

• September 6, 2018 at 10:03 am #202368
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Well at least I know I’m not blind! LOL!

Many thanks, Neil.  😉

• September 6, 2018 at 11:09 am #202372
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Ariana,

Thank you for the input. Just to be clear you like a capability to set a default depth to counters. Would setting up a default front overhang be acceptable?

Also when you edit the front overhand manually, do you do it through “Edit shape” or through the Attributes of the CounterTop?

Thank you,

Santiago

• September 6, 2018 at 1:59 pm #202411
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Santiago,

Hmmm – yes.  I guess what I’m really after is a “front overhang”.  The countertop just needs to clear the doors by a more generous margin.  Most of our jobs run a 3/4″thick door, so a 25 1/2″deep countertop would give a 3/4″ overhang beyond the doors.  Currently the Countertops and Trims button drops the countertop at a 25″ depth – so there’s only a 1/4″ overhang beyond the doors.  I know a 1/2″ doesn’t seem like much – but visually it just looks… tight.

To be honest, it never occurred to me to mod it using attributes! LOL!  I use Edit shape.

Cheers,

Ariana

• September 6, 2018 at 7:44 pm #202477
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Ariana,

Let me know if changing front overhang through the attributes is more convenient.  : )

Setting a default through the Parameters comes with other caveats. We could consider making the variable more easily accessible through a right click on the Counter Top.

Thanks!

Santiago

• February 5, 2019 at 1:40 pm #225945
      Caroline Cooper
      Participant

Hello,

Yes, is it possible for 2020 to make Front overhang adjustable in Preferences, like end overhang is?  In most situations, I think the front and side overhangs would match.

Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.