Advanced Graphics Update & Slow performance…

• March 7, 2017 at 5:57 am #121482
      Mark Jenkins
      Participant

Good morning all,

Recent advanced graphics catalogue update has removed alot of items from the list, which makes sense because it’s now mostly in the Cloud. However, alot of the lighting such as *point lights and *spot lights which can be used to improve dark areas of the room have also disappeared. Anyone know of a way around this or if they can be found in another location – tried Universal lighting with no real luck.

Also, we’ve been having an issue with Version 5 of Fusion where it is quite slow. For example, when hoovering over something like the ‘default style’ item, the text box that pops up, tends to fade in slowly rather than appearing straight away. Dragging and highlighting items is also very slow. But… the odd thing is, if I do a background print to a PDF or something, the issue disappears and Fusion speeds upto ‘normal’. Oddly, when contacting support to look at the issue via TeamViewer, the problem also disappears.

I’ve checked nVidia settings to ensure it’s using the graphics card, disabled direct 3D in options just in case that was having an impact etc – no luck. And as support can’t recreate the issue, they can’t help. It affects all the machines in our building, which are all local installs running the latest version – each machine has specs in excess of the minimum performance requirement for running Fusion aswell.

Any ideas?

Many thanks – Mark

• March 7, 2017 at 10:09 am #121486
      Ollie Farrant
      2020 Expert

Hi Mark

When it comes to lighting, you should be able to use one of our preset lighting Themes, these are located Under the View Tab in the lighting section. You can also change the sunlight and overall scene by adjusting the slider bars with this same section. There is no real need for *point lights, as universal lighting contains multiple ceiling down lights which can be used throughout your design, you can adjust the intensity and even the colour of the light under the items tab. When it comes to applying light to certain darker areas within you design, you should have access to a *SPOTLIGHT from the universal lighting catalogue? This light can be applied using the single line tool, which gives you the ability to direct light to a specific area.

I hope this helps, but please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance with lighting.

In regards to your performance issues, i will call you very shortly to connect to your machine and diagnose this for you.

Many Thanks

Ollie

• March 7, 2017 at 11:02 am #121520
      Mark Jenkins
      Participant

Problem solved Ollie. Thank you very much for your call 🙂

• March 20, 2017 at 5:01 am #122241
      Sian R
      Participant

Are the advance graphics that have been deleted going to be added into the cloud? Some of the items I use is most drawings have been gone!

Sometime it is useful to have something like a point light. I was doing a room with high ceilings (5m +) that had sloped ceilings and beams  with only a few small windows and the drawing just looked so dark. Adjusting the themes didn’t create good enough light in that instance.

• March 20, 2017 at 5:12 am #122242
      Mark Jenkins
      Participant

^ I agree with this – it’s very difficult to get the lighting correct without the point lights as they really helped. Although you can use the ‘advanced lighting’ catalogue, they tend to only be spot lights. If we can bring back the points, that would be good.

• April 1, 2017 at 5:22 am #123354

Hello,
      is there any chance that I can download an old version of advanced graphics catalogue ?
      Sometimes I need to work offline and now I’m missing a lot of items …

• April 4, 2017 at 9:58 am #123464
      Sian R
      Participant

I totally agree!!

For instance I’m in the middle of a design now and there is a problem with the connection. Teh advance graphic catalogue would be really helpful!

• April 19, 2017 at 10:21 am #125306

so maybe someone can upload somewhere his old version of advance graphic catalogue ?
      I mean this version where was all those things that 2020 moved into cloud.

• May 25, 2017 at 9:13 am #131410
      James Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Hi Sian & Mark

The relevant lighting items that were previous available from the Advanced Graphics catalog should now be available in the latest version of the Universal Lighting catalog e.g. *POINTLIGHT & *SPOTLIGHT. These should enable you to improve any darker areas of your designs.

Thanks

James

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.