Angled Doors – Bedrooms

• March 10, 2021 at 10:23 am #319742
      Les
      Participant

Good afternoon all,

I asked this question in October of last year and have just found a message, but no detail so wish to apologise for that, and ask again.

Sloping ceilings are more common in my business due to loft extensions etc. unfortunately, when trying to achieve a good visual with a shaped or shaker style door, it just doesn’t cut the mustard visually.

I am using all the available catalogues, but cannot find a wardrobe that can be easily slanted or shaped to suit.

I am sure it is possible as other manufacturers (Articad) do but the visuals are not good and inflexible, in my humble opinion.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Les

• March 10, 2021 at 6:32 pm #319853
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Les,

Unfortunately this isn’t something that is possible. We do not have any doors in the program that can take shape itself on a slanted wall. I don’t believe there are any manufacturer catalogs that do this either.

I will add this to our wish list so that way we can see if it is possible to have these types of items added in the future.

Regards,

Kris

• March 22, 2021 at 5:07 pm #320611
      Erik Tornquist
      Participant

That’s a good question, Les… but yeah, just as Kris had mentioned, have yet to find anything like that. Same with other special shaped doors, it would be handy to have on 2020 but I’d imagine a very big undertaking for the 2020 team, IF possible at all.

Having arch-top doors/openings as an option would be particularly handy for me but at the moment nothing like that either (although there’s ways of creating arch openings but not a simple placement option).

Now maybe someone could correct me if I’m wrong, I have yet to use it but will importing to SketchUp give you the ability to design a door? I’ve yet to utilize SU (except for their texture selections online) and not sure if doors/windows/passage ways are an option there.

Thinking off the top of my head- if you feel ambitious enough and have the ability to, you can create a door or find a pic of a door online, isolate the image and place it on your rendering via photshop (photopea or Gimp) and/or illustrator. I can imagine alot of logistics going into that such as matching viewing angles, lighting, etc… but if you’re handy with them, making a door or modifying a door image is possible.
      Personally, that would be an awful lot of work and not sure how valuable your time is.

• March 25, 2021 at 3:40 pm #321205
      jacky kreijkamp
      Participant

This can be easily done in Sketchup. I have made i quick angled door and imported it in 2020, make a cut-out and place it. 5 min off work.

Attachments:
    • May 14, 2021 at 5:55 pm #330536
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

This was quick and dirty – but I did it with Surface.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.