Any tricks for Quick Easy Lighting?

• December 7, 2018 at 6:27 pm #219875
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hey gang!

I’m looking for ideas for quick and dirty tricks for lighting on the fly.

I’m basically the only one in the department that is “into” the textures and lighting for 2020 – and when my collegue is sitting down with a client and putting something together quickly – I’d like to have something for her to just COPY/PASTE into place so the project is instantly light well enough to be workable and pleasant.

I currently have a SPOT (with the light tinted red for tracking) in my Idea Centre – I was thinking about have a row of three or four – all set at light colour white, Round, Cone Angle 65.  Maybe one row at a 70deg angle for the uppers, then another row pointed at a low 20deg angle to hit the base cabs.

Am I over thinking it?  Anyone have a cut/paste solution for quick lighting?

Many thanks!

Ariana

• December 10, 2018 at 6:41 pm #220083

I too would like some hints and suggestions on this. I was wondering about customising a modified V9 ROOM_DEM with all the additional lights and then building them into the auto-deco wizard.

• December 11, 2018 at 10:09 am #220101
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Mike,

Auto-deco would be terrific!  I hadn’t thought of that.

Took me FOREVER to work out how to point a spot up and down to hit the wall cabs, the sink, the base or whatever, and to shift it right or left!  Not really intuitive or user-friendly fro folks who don’t deal with lighting a lot.

Ariana

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.