Apron Sink no longer plays nice with countertops

• September 16, 2016 at 6:21 pm #101496
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

Here’s a funky new one…  I’m putting in a basic apron front sink, but no matter how many times I edit the shape of the countertop it always springs back to being too far back (see picture attached).  It’s a standard sink from the 2020 plumbing catalog and countertop using the wizard with 2020 room catalog.

Attachments:
    • September 19, 2016 at 8:47 am #101662
      Chuck H.
      Participant

Danny, it seems to work fine if you manually draw the countertops. I’ve been having problems with the countertop wizard, so I stopped using it for now. Are you using version 11.5.2.11, if so, what are your thoughts so far?

• September 19, 2016 at 9:40 am #101704
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

Hi Chuck,

I’ve tried drawing it manually and everything looks fine until I click the green check (done editing).  I included an attachment that shows how I’ve manually drawn the countertop around the apron front sink (left picture), but then when I click the check mark it bring the countertop back about 4″ (center picture).  Then if I go to edit the shape again it gives me lines all over the place (right picture).

I’ve used apron front sinks in hundreds of designs, and this is the first time I’ve run into anything like this.

I am using 11.5.2.11 and over all it’s been pretty good and stable over all – most stable build I’ve used out of the last several, for sure.  Textures work great, dramatically less crashes.  The darn line drawing tool still doesn’t work (click to start your line, drag in the direction you want it to go, type in 36 and hit enter and it springs off for a hundred inches in a random direction), which is annoying, and kind of baffling.  But thus far (knock on wood) it seems to be working pretty well.

• September 19, 2016 at 10:22 am #101756
        Chuck H.
        Participant

Danny,

Is the sink set for any kind of spacing in the attributes, such as 4″ maybe? I just tried using the Apron Sink, manually placed and it actually moves the countertop to the correct position with the sink. I placed the countertops first, then the Apron Sink manually aligned to the sink base with a 2″ reveal on the front of the Apron Sink. No issues with the countertop.

I agree on Version 11.5.2.11 that it is usable and seems to be stable, but still has issues. I still do not think that the fully rendered/fully textured renderings are as nice as they were back in Version 10.5. Oh well, what can we do!

• September 19, 2016 at 10:28 am #101805
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Danny,

That is pretty weird.  Have you tried copy/pasteing the design into a new file to see if it behaves better? Another thing you could try is placing the countertop before placing the sink and see if it stays where it is supposed to.

Which sink is it exactly Danny?  I can’t seem yo recreate it on my machine.

Neil

• September 19, 2016 at 10:30 am #101822
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

No spacing that I see in the attributes; it does have “Back lip depth,” however when I change that it only shrinks the portion that the faucet attaches to, but still has the countertop going behind it.  I attached a picture of the attributes.

Attachments:
    • September 19, 2016 at 10:50 am #101857
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

I tried a new design and got the same results.  I tried using just the countertop wizard and got the same results, whether placing the sink before or after.  I don’t see any attributes that could affect it in the sink, the countertop, or the cabinet.  I’m stumped here…

• September 20, 2016 at 7:47 am #101972
        Chuck H.
        Participant

Danny,
        I could not recreate your issue and have attached a JPEG using Version 11.5.2.11.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.