Architectural details dont work

• April 17, 2018 at 3:05 pm #182201
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Why do so many of the architectural variables not work properly?!? Doors and windows in particular.

We have lots of magnificent 19th century housing stock here in Pittsburgh.  Doors and windows often have transoms, wide frames, plinth blocks, 10″ pediments, crown molding, etc.  It’s maddening when I have to spend so much time “dummy-ing it up” because the settings don’t work.

1. transoms are an add-on variable for doors and windows, but it doesn’t work.
      2. Frame style variable only works with certain doors and windows.
      3. Adjusting frame width usually has no apparent effect.
      4. Pediment height variable is only available on select window and door styles.

As a designer, I want things to look correct, so my clients can make informed decisions, and be “wowed” by my renderings.  As a salesperson, I can only say “well, it wont really look like this”, or “well, the software cant get that detail”, before I start to loose their confidence.  The wealthier they are, the fewer excuses they accept.

• April 17, 2018 at 4:31 pm #182217
      Nicky Claridge
      Participant

I totally agree. It is one of my biggest problems with 2020.

Drawing angles and adding 3D shapes to a plan is what I need to be able to do without having to have someone draw me something in ArchiCad that I can import.

• April 19, 2018 at 10:53 am #182489
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Chris,

It’s me again. 🙂 Would it be possible to send me some specifics so I look into it and get them entered in to our system as “issues”?  You’ve got my email or you can send to residentialsupport@2020spaces.com to my attention.  I tried a couple of PVC casement windows and found that they seemed to be working.  If you could get me a design with a couple examples in it, and some instructions, I can pass it along to the powers that be and we can work on resolving the specific issues.

Your help is greatly appreciated and I hope that with help from users like you we can continue to improve our product.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.