Australian Users and 2020 Cloud

• December 13, 2017 at 6:21 pm #163972

Most of you may know this already but for any Australian users here, please try changing your profile Market Region to the United Kingdom, then sign out of and back into the 2020 Cloud in Design. You will see a LOT more appliances and accessories that are relevant to our clients. This is becoming a quite important feature to my designers.

https://myaccount.2020spaces.com/MyProfile

Also be aware that certain brands are grouped together – see attached image.

Attachments:
    • December 14, 2017 at 9:09 am #164017
      James Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Thanks Mike, it’s great to hear that you and your designers are seeing the current benefits and future potential of 2020 Cloud. Just to add to your comments; it is also possible for us to publish catalogs for use in other Market Regions, if we receive a request from the relevant manufacturer or local distributor of that manufacturer’s products.

• December 14, 2017 at 10:41 am #164038
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

Mike,

That’s a great tip, sadly for those of us still stuck in the Imperial system (why does that make me think of Darth Vader?) the metric catalogs don’t do us any good.

Or maybe I am wrong?

I have turned off all the metric catalogs, will they translate if I use them?

• December 14, 2017 at 6:10 pm #164076

Hi Chris,
      Unfortunately, 2020 doesn’t seem to work like other K&B packages and translate automatically from Imperial to Metric and Vice Versa – it actually uses both measurement types and I’ve never understood why either! I used to be a director in a software company that (amongst other things) wrote Lisp add-ons for Autocad. We never really had to worry about the measurement standard we were using as Autocad just handled the conversions.

2020 Tech guys – is there a reason you do it this way as you seem to be the only company in existence that does this!

• December 14, 2017 at 6:16 pm #164077
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

Oooooh LISP. I really enjoyed that one. Maybe it was because of all the time I spent MUDding but it was a very neat language, probably my favorite.

Does anyone still use it?

• December 14, 2017 at 6:42 pm #164079

As far as I know, it’s still used in Autocad. We used it to customise Autocad for our clients – an example is that we had Lisp routines to automate the layout and manufacture of wiring harnesses/looms for small volume car manufacturers and renovators. The operator would set ‘pins’ at various locations in the design and then be able to route the various cables.

Once the loom was finished, an A0 (pen!) plotter would print out a full size sheet with the pins and cable routes marked. This would be tacked onto a sheet of plywood, the pin locations would have nails hammered in and the layout of the wiring would begin.

This is before Windows days so a LONG time ago. God I feel old now!

• December 18, 2017 at 9:42 am #164322
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Chris

Regarding how the dimensions are displayed in the application, the floor plan, elevation, edit box, etc., dimensions will be as define by the user. Item properties (read attributes dialog) is controlled by the catalog creator. If there catalog is metric, descriptions and dimensions also display in metric. I have shared your request with the team, good point!

Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags