Automatic Recovery Not Working

• April 14, 2022 at 9:22 am #363315
      Hunter Black
      Participant

Anyone have any sort of tips or secrets to get this feature to actually work? Design crashed (again) after 2 hours of work on a design and my last recovery file is from yesterday and the only one prior to that was from the day before. Neither of the recovery files are for the design that I have been working on though. The only files that 2020 is trying to save as recovery files are blank “Design 1” designs. 2 days of working on a job and not a single recovery file has been autosaved.

• April 14, 2022 at 11:50 am #363329
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Hunter,

I am unsure as to why the program is not producing the recovery file for your design. Anytime the program records a crash on a design, the program should create a recovery for that design. Click HERE to check out an article to see if your file recovery is turned on. If it is turned on but not working then maybe it has something to do with the file path. For a recovery file to be generated, you need to ensure the recovery file folder exists in the default path > C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Documents\2020 Files\Recovery Files. If this folder exists then perhaps it could be related to something else. I would suggest to contact us at 1.866.697.2020 to have an agent connect to take a look.

In case you are unaware, every design you make also has a backup file. If you go to the location where you save your designs, you’ll have .BAK files. These are the backups which are updated with every second save you do in the program. You can open the .BAK file to see if the backup can be used.

Regards,

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags