Bathroom Vanity with Furniture Base

• October 13, 2015 at 8:57 am #52945
      Brian Luscher
      Participant

I am working on a small bath project, which is turning into being the Bain of my existence.  I cannot find a furniture platform base to set my cabinets on — to create a furniture piece look versus a cabinet installation look.  I’ve downloaded and watch tutorials that do not pertain.  Please, any insight is welcome!!

• October 14, 2015 at 2:30 pm #53901
      Jordyn P
      Pilot Pro

What kind of platform base are you looking for? Can you maybe give a link of an example? When I have a customer who wants their cabinet to look more like furniture, I remove the toekick and put corbels on the bottom instead. It’s a little tricky, I have to make sure I don’t have the collision field selected or else you can’t get the corbels under the cabinet. Hope this helps!

• October 15, 2015 at 8:46 am #54045
      Brian Luscher
      Participant

Thanks Jordyn.  Initially I was looking for a platform base, but was able to accomplish with a valance and trim.

• December 18, 2015 at 6:58 am #65918
      Ashley John
      Participant

That’s really a nice idea! Do share pictures of the cabinets you have made.

• October 6, 2016 at 1:34 am #106119
      jerry barr
      Participant

Just recently I am also into woodworking project, though part of a small home DIY improvement, I admit that my knowledge in the said project is not sufficient. So in these case, helpless I am could be, when I have no resources to get ideas. Thanks that this site for outdoor teak furniture store http://www.javateakoutdoorfurniture.com/, is one of my perfect solutions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.