Bathtub dimensions locked .. WHY?

• March 11, 2019 at 3:28 pm #229207
      Jonothan Desimini
      Participant

Having used 2020 for more than 10 years, I constantly run into things that just don’t make sense to me. I’m sure everyone else that’s used it this long can agree with me. I’m still disappointed with the window options that are given in 2020 (and the fact that some can have their molding trim adjusted while others just leave that option out).

But today, I see yet again why 2020 is not really the best resource for the K&B dealers that do more than place boxes in a floorplan. I’m not even going to complain about tile for bathrooms or backsplashes that you can’t truly represent or design in a quick and efficient way or the lack of plumbing fixtures (as a whole), but why on earth can you not adjust the sizes for the bath tubs in the Sample Plumbing catalog??

You obviously can’t in Kohler – that makes sense they are representative of actual models. All I needed was a simple drop-in or as the program calls it “podium” tub and the ability to adjust it to the correct dimensions to a Duravit tub I’m selling to my client.

Are we that unaware that tubs come in a variety of shapes and sizes and even still a variety of depths. We have countless options for cabinetry adjustments when a manufacturer unlocks the options to their customers – why can’t 2020 do this for a simple item like a tub?

Even checked Sketchup and they had a few options that could work but after searching through 1200 models only 4 were 2016 or below compatible (2014 was all they had) and when loaded they were so badly messed up they weren’t even worth using.

So – 2020 needs to figure out who they are trying to serve as a customer base, how they plan to do it and if they’re going to provide access to a resource like sketchup, pay the fees to make it wholly accessible. Otherwise why provide a half-baked product to customers. 10 years of loyalty is now wanning and truthfully I’m just about done with this.

Thank you.

• March 11, 2019 at 4:03 pm #229208
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Jonothan,

Thank you for your feedback. I went and double checked the Room_PLU catalog. You are correct, it is not possible to change the dimensions of some of our tubs. If you can indicate which tubs are the most important (popular) to you, we can look into updating them on our next release.

As for Sketchup, we understand Trimble no longer render 2016 models for their newest additions. We will be updating to their latest library. Unfortunately, the Sketchup library is only available in 64 bit format. We plan to finish our migration to 64 bit this year in the June-July time frame with version V12.0. Stay tuned! Also, we plan to have a preliminary version of V12.0 end of April and are looking for Beta tester. Let us know if you are interested in participating!

Thank you,

Santiago.

• March 11, 2019 at 4:32 pm #229209
      Jonothan Desimini
      Participant

Sure, you can count me in on that beta test and where should I send the list of tubs to? Post them here or to a support email address?

• March 11, 2019 at 4:35 pm #229210
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Jonothan,

Please send your contact info and Tub list to ResidentialSupport@2020spaces.com.

Thanks for your help!

Santiago

• March 12, 2019 at 11:12 am #229318
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Jonothan,

This drives me crazy too!

Here is a picture of my go-to “hack” in these situations: shown 60″x15″x30″

I like that generic “kinda modern/kinda traditional” shape, and if I need it to be a drop-in, I use countertop material to construct a deck.  NOT ideal – but do-able in a pinch.

It’s actually the Baguette/Bread Tray from the cloud.

I make the little bread thing in it invisible, then change the dims to whatever.  As with ALL items in the Cloud – after I recolour or resize it, I copy/paste the item then delete the original.  Originals don’t like to SHOW the changes on the floorplan – but their copies will.

An *actual* mod-able tub would be crazy great – but I’ve made this work – for what it’s worth.

Ariana

Attachments:
    • March 16, 2019 at 1:29 pm #229839
      Jonothan Desimini
      Participant

Ariana,

I appreciate your clever workaround for the tubs. Definitely one way to get around an issue that really shouldn’t exist on a program that’s specifically targeted at kitchen & bath designers. Regardless – things like this happen so thanks for sharing your fix, it looks great!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.