Cabinet side panel finish

• October 5, 2018 at 11:22 am #207345
      esat ISIK
      Participant

Hello,

We are using some in-stock cabinet manufacturer’s catalog. They don’t fix their catalog on side finishes. When I finish the design I go to the textures each by each and change the side panel texture to the cabinet texture. I used global attributes but that didn’t work as well. Because I can change only one side finish the other side finish modification doesn’t show up there.

My suggestion is If we have tools like in the paint -copy texture -paste texture it will give us very fast solutions on the texture. I attached a picture that shows my wishes about this problem. If I have a texture copy tool first I click the texture which I want to copy than I click the fill texture tool which I can fill the side or top panels with the selected texture.

Thank you,

Attachments:
    • October 5, 2018 at 4:26 pm #207414
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Esat,

There is something very similar already in place in the User texture library.  You can use the eye dropper in there and create any texture you put the dropper on and then you can apply that texture to any of the texture variables in the item.

Neil

Attachments:
    • October 5, 2018 at 4:41 pm #207453
      esat ISIK
      Participant

Hi Neil,

I tried that but that is not working properly. See attached picture. Wherever I click it gets the color that is perfect but because of lighting I got 3 different color with that tool and none of them is cream as you see on the other side texture as a cream-1.

I think 2020 needs to work on this tool.

I amazed how many colors I can get from the side of the cabinet because of the light shades.

Attachments:
    • October 5, 2018 at 5:16 pm #207517
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Esat,

That is true.  The eyedropper takes a very specific sample and creates the colour.  I guess the other solution would be to convince the catalog creator to texture the finished ends in the catalog. 🙂

It might just be a matter of adjusting the sample size the eyedropper takes.  I’ll pass your request along to the product manager though.

Neil

• October 5, 2018 at 5:24 pm #207536
      esat ISIK
      Participant

Thank you Neil,

I already sent them an email but they didn’t fix that. So I will make my mouse muscle strong.

• November 20, 2018 at 10:37 am #216768
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Esat,

This is an old post – but I want to chime in that we use a cabinet catalogue that has what sounds like a similar issue.  To capture an accurate “snapshot” of the existing colour/texture so I can reproduce it on the finished ends (and sometimes on cubes, cylinders, etc) I select a slab doorstyle, do a high quality render and close-in tight to the door so I get a nice big sample and snap a screenshot.

Then I save it as a jpeg in my texture library.

Just my solution 😉

Ariana

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.