CAP Custom Catalogs

• December 5, 2014 at 1:10 pm #20292
      Janet Thomas
      Participant

After years of using CAP custom catalogs, our design team is just realizing that the custom catalog is stored on our individual hard drives and the details do not follow the graphic file. Is there a way to share the custom catalog so that multiple users can read it from diferent servers?

• December 9, 2014 at 9:23 am #20313
      Cindy Maple
      2020 Moderator

Great question! Yes, Custom Catalogs can be shared with others by saving it to a network drive. Change your settings in “Cap Designer Preferences” under “Folders + Files” to point to the network location you’d like to use. You can keep your local location as well if you’d like.

One thing to be careful of is that like any network file, changes made on the network location are inherited by all who are using it so communication about the shared changes is key!

• December 15, 2014 at 2:42 pm #20701
      Janet Thomas
      Participant

I’ve created custom items by editing standard items and they are saved to a custom catalog. When I attempt to edit the item by highlighting it in the local project catalog and right clicking then selecting Specify I get an error message saying the catalog cannot be opened. What am I missing?

• December 16, 2014 at 11:43 am #20739
      Cindy Maple
      2020 Moderator

This question was sent to technical support since some additional investigation was required to provide the correct answer. Once completed, we will update this post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.