Catalog creation

• October 24, 2016 at 5:15 pm #107838
      Cabinets For Less
      Participant

Can I create my own complete custom catalog for 2020 design?

• April 28, 2017 at 5:14 am #128702
      bobe freedo
      Participant

For one thing, you have to ensure you have the “full” form of Catalog Tools. So from the 2020 alternate way bar, tap on the third symbol and snap Edit/Create a list. On the off chance that you do undoubtedly have the full form you will see 8 tabs at the base of the screen. In the event that you just have 2 tabs, you’ll have to get your key redesigned from 2020 preceding you can roll out those sorts of improvements to an inventory.

• April 30, 2017 at 11:21 pm #128776

Short answer is NO. There is a catalog creation program called Catalog Tools but AFAIK, this is no longer available to independant users – only to larger manufacturers (I’d be happy to be corrected on this – Neil?).

If you are certain you want this software then you need to contact your sales representative at 2020 Tech for pricing (if they agree to sell it to you). There are a few things to think about:

Catalog Tools is complex and difficult to use without extensive training. It is also only currently available as V9 although this does not cause issues as those catalogs are fine in V11
      The standard version of Catalog Tools does not allow you to add additional 3D shapes – it only allows you to pick from existing shape (there are a lot of them so this is usually not an issue)
      2020 Tech will not give you access to the newer Style based catalogues in Catalog Tools – only to older ones. They usually reserve the right to modify Style based catalogs themselves.

Just FYI, it is usually easier to get a price from 2020 to adjust an existing catalog or you may wish to get a price for the same work from an independant Catalog Tools pro – there is a Delphi forum for 2020 Design and you will find a few such professionals on that forum (inclduing myself).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags