Catalog folders

• June 6, 2017 at 3:13 pm #133414
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Gang,

Here’s a weird one: I sort my various catalogs into folders for  clarity.  Since installing 11.7, my catalogs wont stay in folders.  i.e. I sort them into folders, and everything is fine, but the next day when I open 2020, my folders are gone, and the catalogs are back in a long alphabetical list.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Or is perhaps the NSA or the Russians sneaking onto my computer just to mess with me…

• June 6, 2017 at 11:02 pm #133692

I would say it’s most likely a bug rather than those pesky Ruskies! Interesting though – I never realised you could organise catalogues like that. Handy feature and my users are still on V9 or V11.6 so I’ll have a play – thank you.

In the meantime, can I recommend this site for you?

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

• June 9, 2017 at 1:05 am #134066
      Jonathan Desimini
      Participant

Important to Note, When you manually sort your catalogs into folders (which all my fellow designers do except myself), for some reason 2020 decides that any other catalog not in the same grouping / folder aren’t necessary to include under the “Add-Ons” drop down menu.

B30 – -> Attributes – -> Add-Ons – -> Catalog Name Drop Down

I use this often when selecting a JennAir Microwave Drawer for a base microwave cabinet or a WOLF wall oven, especially when said design requires some adjusting to the “wood-frame” variable to shoehorn a warming drawer or steam oven also into the cabinet.

Just figured I would point that out before you spend too much time arranging your catalogs only to find out everything’s gone missing under Add-Ons (like myself). I’ve found the best way for me to organize the catalogs is allow 2020 to do it by Manufacturer and to show the descriptions (Selected from the System Preferences Menu). For some reason when the program organizes everything into seperate folders the Add-Ons are unaffected. But when you do it yourself, you get spanked!!

(Perhaps this could be fixed in a future update?)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.