Change column format on Quote Report

• June 27, 2017 at 10:20 am #136778
      Sandy Slezak
      Participant

I just updated to v11.8.  When I print a Quote or Items List in reports, the column widths and formatting make info wrap to a second line or overlap the next column. This makes it difficult to read. Is there a way to change the formatting of the reports?

• June 27, 2017 at 10:30 am #136779
      Veronica Arabudzki
      Participant

I ran into the same problem.  The columns are so close that the quantity number and the nomenclature look like the same number.

Unfortunately I was told by 2020 support that nothing can be done to change the format.  They suggested exporting to a different format, then printing.  I’ve never had to that in the 10 years I’ve been using 2020, so it’s a pity to have to start doing that now just to get a Report you can make sense of.  :/

• June 27, 2017 at 5:16 pm #136921
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Guys,

Would it be possible to post an example of the issue?  I’m trying to recreate it here and not having any luck.

If you don’t have an example handy maybe you call the 1-866-697-2020 support line and show our agents what you mean.  Maybe its just a resolution issue.

Unfortunately there is no way to modify the report formats but its odd that it would just suddenly stop working.

Neil

• June 28, 2017 at 10:43 am #137023
      Veronica Arabudzki
      Participant

I’ve attached a PDF….The quantity line is SO closet to the user code they might as well be the same number. I can only imagine the nightmares this will cause when trying to send over an order.

• June 28, 2017 at 10:54 am #137050
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Thank you Veronica,

It took looking at your report for me to see the issue.  We have reported the issue and entered it our TFS system so that it can be addressed in a future release.

Neil

• June 28, 2017 at 11:10 am #137064
      Veronica Arabudzki
      Participant

That’s great! 😀 Thank you for looking at it!

• June 28, 2017 at 12:15 pm #137128
      Sandy Slezak
      Participant

Here’s another example that shows how the first column is too narrow and wraps the attachment number to another line.

Thanks for following up.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.