Charges editor data location

• September 9, 2016 at 12:57 pm #100527
      Brett Nelson
      Participant

We need to share the common catalogs but didnt want the same charges editor mainly the tax portion. Does anyone know what data file holds that information? If I have the path I could exclude the file(s) in the copy.

Attachments:
    • September 9, 2016 at 5:13 pm #100567
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Brett,

If you have already set the Rates and Taxes in the catalog you can use the ship feature in the catalog manager to create a zip file of the catalog that can be installed on other computers using catalog manager.  The rates and taxes you created in the original should go into the shipped catalog so you won’t have to reset them when you install it on the other computers.

Neil

• September 12, 2016 at 11:18 am #100605
      Brett Nelson
      Participant

we have 4 locations with different tax brackets. We found just coping over the folder “common” everywhere changes the tax rates. I wanted to know what file contained all the tax rate / charges editor. I believe it’s in the root of common folder but I’m not sure.

• September 12, 2016 at 5:20 pm #100640
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

If thats the case try copying the whole Cat folder over.  It has a couple of extra files/folders in it and that might do the trick.

Neil

• September 14, 2016 at 12:13 pm #100926
      Brett Nelson
      Participant

We want to exclude files that are directly affecting the tax. We have 4 locations and in each location we have 4 design computers for kitchen designing. When we copy the entire common folder it grabs everything we need but it changes the taxes which screws up our pricing. Do you know what file contains the data for the taxes in the charges editor.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.