Computer – What makes the best renderings?

• August 26, 2022 at 9:39 pm #374658
      KRISTEN HABERMAN
      Participant

Hi! So, I have worked on 2020 for 25 years. Got a new Lenovo Legion a year ago. It has the criteria needed for 2020. I am not computer savvy, at all. I am seeing some of these renderings that people do…and cannot get mine to be as photorealistic as theres. I play with tile, lighting, all sorts of stuff…but trying to figure out what I am missing. Do I need a certain CPU, GPU, or RAM to get those insane renderings that you are not sure if they are an actual kitchen or just a rendering?!?!? I’ve attached a vanity rendering I did, and one of a kitchen from an amazing 2020 renderer I follow. How do I get my renderings to look like that??? Is it the computer, versus the settings. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you!

• August 29, 2022 at 11:29 am #374725
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Kristen,

There are a few things you can do to get the most realistic renderings in the program.

1. Generally for the best renderings, I always suggest to have 4 walls (closed room) in the drawing so that way you do not get any outside light.

2. Evaluate the lighting in the drawing (Sun light, artificial, natural, and user added lights)

3. Create a high quality rendering to ensure the program is creating a photorealistic rendering.

After this, you have to evaluate your camera placement in order to get the best view possible.

Click HERE to check out our lighting article.

Click HERE to check out how to create a high quality rendering.

Regards,

Kris

• July 25, 2023 at 7:13 am #427726
        Steve Collins
        Participant

Join the 2020 Power Users Group on Facebook. GREAT tutorials on how to make the most incredible renders, and completed designs you can imagine. The biggest thing I can say about the topic is… time. You have to spend the time to make them realistic. Adding dozens of items to make it look more… real. And then, watch it abuse the computer to render it up. LoL Some of the more advanced users will more it out of 2020, and then do additions after the fact in other software. That’s next level for me… I know how to do it, but I just don’t have the time (or need right now) to go that far into a drawing. Some of these folks just do the design, so THAT is their product. I sell kitchens… so I don’t go into that much detail. It’s all about the need that you have, and the level of service you want to (need to) offer.

• June 22, 2023 at 8:46 am #426017
      Anna Frost
      Participant

Thanks for info!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags