copy/paste = loss of textures

• September 13, 2019 at 1:34 pm #248892
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Gang,

Trying to reuse some of the painstaking placement of glasses, books, cookware, etc.  All affected items are from 2020 cloud.

I copied items from a recent design and pasted them into my current project.  Items from my vendors catalog pasted just right, but all 2020 cloud items lost their textures.  Is there a work around for this, or a better way to re-use my past efforts?

• September 13, 2019 at 3:46 pm #248940
      Participant

Hi Chris,
      I believe this should work – Can you provide a few more details?

1. What version of Design are you using?
      2. How many Cloud items did you copy/paste?
      3. Was it all at once?
      4. Can you give a couple of item names?

This will help us figure out the issue.

Thanks!

2020 Admin

• September 13, 2019 at 4:53 pm #248969
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Sure!

1. I’m using 11.12.0.31
      2.  I pasted 10 items
      3.  Yes, it was in one fell swoop.
      4.  Coffee maker, glasses stacked, champagne bottle,  wine glass 9, wine glass 3, mug with motifs pair, mug cappuccino pair

• September 17, 2019 at 4:11 pm #249408
        Participant

Hi Chris,
        Thanks for the info on your issue. I looked into it and we have a couple of bugs filed for this issue, which we hope to have fixed in a upcoming release.

Thanks again for the feedback

2020 Admin

• September 13, 2019 at 7:05 pm #248979
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Chris – this happens to me EVERYTIME I copy/paste sketchup items or Cloud items from one design to another – UNLESS I switch all the textures to standard 2020 default textures beforehand.

No custom textures – and they make the jump successfully – which is frustrating since all the stuff in the Cloud is custom “Cloud” textures.  Switch the white cups to generic white “paint” texture – switch the chrome in the coffee pot to chrome from the 2020 texture catalogue – and it will work.

Ariana

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.