Copying Configuration

• March 31, 2019 at 2:28 pm #231601
      Marcos T
      Participant

Hello,

Is there a way to copy configurations from one computer to other? I understand part of the configuration files are located under C:\Program Data\20-20 Technologies\Config so is there a way I can copy some of those files to quickly setup 20-20 across many PCs? I don’t want to go on each PC and change each preference setting individually if I can find some way to copy and paste configuration files via a script or even manually. Thanks a lot!

• March 31, 2019 at 7:45 pm #231602

I have a Backup/Restore script that could help but it doesn’t include the catalogues. You are welcome to try it at your own risk and I accept no blame if it messes 2020 up!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb7tjqgbotx5rp8/V112020SettingsSaver.cmd?dl=0

Run as Administrator and select (B) then answer Y to next 2 questions. It creates a folder called 2020RESCUE on your desktop and puts the data there. Copy that folder to the desktop on your other machine and then run the script on that machine using (Restore) and again answer Y to next 2 questions.

I haven’t changed the script since V11.9 but it should still work. It wouldn’t be a massive change to include the catalogs if you want to have a play.

• April 1, 2019 at 9:38 am #231605
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Marcos,

I haven’t tried Mike’s script but I’m sure it’s solid.  The scheme files are located in the C:\ProgramData\20-20 Technologies\Config folder.  If you have saved your own scheme you should see them there.  Then you can just copy them to the same folder on the other computers and they will be available for use.

Hope that helps

Neil

• April 1, 2019 at 12:03 pm #231731
      Marcos T
      Participant

Excellent. Thanks a lot guys.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.