Countertop catalog / global style validation/flip-lift door

• December 12, 2018 at 11:38 am #220293
      Nicole McKenzie
      Participant

Hi, it’s Minjee.

I have a few questions about 2020.

1. I downloaded the countertop catalog like cambria and QuartzMaster. But I can see that in my drag and drop menu and I can’t apply them. And I read out all of the forum and installed metric and imperial wizard and still doesn’t work.

I emailed to 2020 center with my captured screen but didn’t get the reply.

2. How can I use 2020 global style validation?

3. Can I make a sliding door cabinet and flip=lift door cabinet? If that’s because of the cabinet style, let me know what catalog I can use.

I looked almost every tutorial video in this site and forum, but difficult for me.

please let me know the answers.

Burlington, Ontario.

Attachments:
    • December 12, 2018 at 12:29 pm #220308
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Nicole,

The error in your screen shot is because the item you selected from your catalog does not have a 3d shape and is just in the catalog so you can add it to an item list.  For example if you wanted to have an extra length of molding included in the pricing but not showing on the floor plan.  Most catalogs will have 2 entries for items like that.  One that shows on the floorplan and one that does not.  All you need to do is select the one with a shape associated to it.

Global style validation is a way to set door styles.  It is catalog dependent in that not all manufacturers use it.  It is just a series of screens that allow you to choose your door styles etc…

I know there are a couple of topics on how to fact a flip door in the forums already but as to which catalog has that specific cabinet I’m afraid I don’t know.

Hope that helps

Neil

• December 12, 2018 at 1:09 pm #220310
      Nicole McKenzie
      Participant

Thank you for the fast answer.

But still I don’t know how to add my countertop.

So I can add up in my item list or not.

Can you capture the screen?

Or it means I can’t apply the countertop?

If it doesn’t work, I don’t need to have the catalogs.

Thank you!

• December 12, 2018 at 1:54 pm #220312
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

OOPS, forgot the countertop part.  Sorry

To add cambria countertops you need to use the countertop wizard.  You can pull countertops from other catalogs like room or the sample catalogs directly but cambria and others like Silestone need to installed using the Wizard.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.