CounterTop Wizard Question

• November 16, 2017 at 10:33 am #160624
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I noticed today that there is a Quick Countertop button in the Countertop Wizard but I can’t make it un-greyed out. Is this just an, as yet, un-available feature?

Also which USERSHAPE do I use if I want to make a shape that will be seen (and covered) by the Countertop Wizard?

Is there a preference setting for the countertop wizard? I’d love to be able to set different defaults.

• November 16, 2017 at 10:48 am #160627
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I have this problem with the Countertop Wizard where sometimes it won’t let me select ANY edge for the final step of Select Edge. Sometimes closing Design helps, sometimes closing Design and repairing the COM files works and sometimes closing Design, repairing the COM file and re-booting works and sometimes nothing works and I have to put different cabinets in somewhere else in the design and build the countertop there.

• November 22, 2017 at 9:08 am #161530
      Ken Short
      Participant

Hi Chris,

If you haven’t figured this out yet, please give the support team a call and they can help you.

Ken

• November 26, 2017 at 9:32 am #161617
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Chris

To activate the Countertop Wizard you need to install the 2 available catalogs on 2020.net.

Under the section 2020 Generic Catalogs, download and install these 2:

• Countertop Wizard (English-imperial)
      • Countertop Wizard (English-Metric)

Edith

• November 28, 2017 at 9:45 am #161831
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I was unclear. I have the Countertop Wizard, I have all the necessary pieces installed and it work.

I’d like preference file for the Wizard so I can set default options:

REQUEST:

4″ backsplash or Design Only or 3CM thick countertop or set a default edge style.

ISSUES:

I have this occasional PROBLEM with the wizard, I get to the final Place Edge selection and it won’t let me choose ANY edge. Sometimes it will only let me choose and edge where there is backsplash (which is NOT a valid selection).

QUESTION:

When you open the Countertop Wizard, the very 1st screen down by the Next button there is a drop down box and a button that says “Quick Countertop”. Is this a feature that just doesn’t work yet?

• December 5, 2017 at 4:32 pm #162899
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Chris,

Would it be possible to send us a kit file where you are experiencing the issue where you are not allowed to place an edge and a document of the choices you made up to that point in the wizard?  I have been trying for a while now and can’t for the life of me recreate the issue and I would like to investigate it further.  You can send it to residentialsupport@2020spaces.com to my attention.

Thank you

Neil

• December 5, 2017 at 5:00 pm #162900
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Chris,

Regarding your question.  You are correct, the Quick Countertop drop-down selection was a prototype study that was not meant to be accessible.  We will remove it from our next release.

Good catch!

Thank you,

Santiago

• December 12, 2017 at 9:49 am #163635
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

Neil,

When I come across another issue with the countertop wizard I will certainly send you the design file, so far so good.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.