Countertop Wizard – Version 11.7

• June 2, 2017 at 3:35 pm #132492
      Dawn
      Participant

Hi. I have downloaded and installed the Cambria countertop catalog. I can see it within the catalog drag & drop feature, but when I attempt to use the Countertop Wizard, I receive a message stating that there is not a countertop catalog installed. What am I not seeing or am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Dawn

• June 2, 2017 at 3:56 pm #132494
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Dawn,

You need to install the generic catalog first to “activate” the wizard.  Countertop Wizard (English-Imperial) is the name of the catalog and it is available on http://www.2020.net.

Neil

• June 5, 2017 at 7:10 am #132517
      Dawn
      Participant

Thank you, Neil!

• June 5, 2017 at 9:46 am #132525
      Dawn
      Participant

Neil,

I have downloaded and installed the 20-20 generic countertop catalog. Does this generic catalog have to be installed prior to any other countertop catalogs? And how do I make sure that the only language I see in the generic countertop catalog is English, not French? Also, is the countertop wizard specifically made for stone or quartz surfaces or can it also include laminate and formica surfaces, for example?

Again, thank you in advance.

• June 5, 2017 at 7:30 pm #132674

Hi Dawn,

To get the countertop wizard working correctly:

1) First download and install Countertop Wizard (English-Imperial)

2) Now download and install Countertop Wizard (English-Metric)

3) Open your design and choose the Countertop Wizard – the Metric benchtops are the second one in the list (see attachments).

4 Follow the wizard to the end. Editing these benchtops is slightly different to the standard ones but you will get used to it.

• June 5, 2017 at 7:38 pm #132691

Sorry, I forgot to mention that as long as you install the Metric-English version, it’s in English and you get a choice of Solid Surfaces and Stone neither of which are named manufacturers. At this point you can look at the other benchtop catalogues on offer and choose what you want e.g. Cosetino, Metro Quarz etc (pretty much all in english).

I like the Countertop Wizard but rarely use it as they do not have all the colours/textures I want and I am not able to add my own (as I can with a ‘normal’ countertop). I should imagine they will fix this in a future release.

• June 6, 2017 at 7:24 am #132693
      Dawn
      Participant

Thanks Mike. We’ll give it a shot. I appreciate your feedback!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.