Countertops

• February 22, 2018 at 3:03 pm #171937
      Kerstin Cobb
      Participant

Hi all,

I am so super frustrated with 2020 and the countertop options. It seams like none of the 3 options can detect any of my sinks. I never have sink cutouts and am forced to send my designs of without the countertops. What is going wrong?

Thanks,

Kerstin

• February 22, 2018 at 6:06 pm #171946

Hi Kirstin,

I think it is probably down to the sink shapes you are using – we mainly use the standard shapes out of ROOM_PLM and with countertops put in with the Countertops and Trims dialogue. It would be nice if we could taylor the cutout shape to match the actual sinks we use but all our benchtops are electronically templated onsite anyway.

I have noticed that some shapes fail to produce a cutout but I have just tried a Blanco sink from 2020 Cloud and that works fine as well!

• February 22, 2018 at 6:50 pm #171965
      Kerstin Cobb
      Participant

Hi Mike and thanks for your reply!!

I’ve definitely noticed that the plumbing pieces from the standard catalog work better than from the cloud. But sometimes it’s really a russian roulett if it works or not. I am using the same selections over and over and sometimes it’s good and sometimes it’s not. It’s super frustrating. I think if we could manually add a cutout that would be a HUGE improvement!!

Take care!!

Kerstin

• February 22, 2018 at 8:02 pm #171966

Yes, I agree, the ability to add a custom cutout to a benchtop would be very handy. This would allow us to send accurate DXF files from 2020 Design to our CNC stone machines.

Andy – any workarounds possible so we can add custom cutouts?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags