Crash

• January 16, 2019 at 1:29 am #223959
      Anastasios Asteriou
      Participant

Every single time I add a section to the cupboard in the vertical position the software crashes and then closes but then I try and reopen the software it says only one program can be open at a time. But I then look in the process tab in the Task Manager there is no sign of the program. I physically have to restart the whole computer to open the software again

• January 16, 2019 at 1:45 pm #224097
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Anastasios,

Issues like that are often related to the video card driver.  Make sure you are running the latest driver for your card.  If after you update your drivers you continue to have the issue please give us a call at 1-866-697-2020.  Our techs will be able to connect to your computer using Team Viewer and check various logs as well as your hardware and drivers in order to properly troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you

Neil

• January 16, 2019 at 6:10 pm #224177

Hi Anastasios,

What Neil suggested is certainly what I would try first but video card manufacturers often release bugged drivers so if you still get crashes after using the latest video driver then try the WHQL version as this has generally been approved by Microsoft.

If you still have crashes then a registry reset from the Tools menu is worth a go but you will have to re-enter all your preferences into Design.

Also, after a crash, it is quicker to sign out/log off and sign back in and then get back into the program – this usually closes any ‘bits’ that are left open after a crash. A restart is ideal but if you don’t have an SSD equipped system, waiting a minute or longer for a system to restart is a pain.

• January 17, 2019 at 1:36 am #224180
      Anastasios Asteriou
      Participant

Thank you very much for the quick response, I will try everything and see if it helps.

• January 18, 2019 at 10:30 am #224440
      Dawn
      Participant

Anastasios,

I’ve also experienced the same crash issue as you have. When checking Task Manager, the instance of Design.exe has been within the Processes section, not the Applications section. Checking that may also help.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.