Crashing issue

• January 19, 2016 at 9:10 am #70196
      Joshua Roane
      Participant

I switched from Chief to 2020 about 8 months ago. I love this program, easy to draft and recreate spaces. One thing that I could do without is the continues crashes and system freezes. All my systems meet requirements. (Windows 8.1 & Windows 10, 256 SSD, 16gb of DDR3 Ram, I7 4790k NVIDIA GTX 770 and 2020 11.3 ). 2020 crashed consistently after specific tasks, after I print a anything if I print again it WILL crash. If I modify Cabs or anything to much it WILL crash. If I delete multiple files, it WILL crash. This Program is very temperamental. With chief Crashing was never a big issue, design is not as easy with chief but the frustration saved by not crashing outweighs its drawbacks. Also the sketchup future is almost just an integrated time bomb. I just spent hours trying to help a coworker get her file to run properly. It would take 5min to open and 10min to save, and would crash if anything was modified. Problem turned out to be skecthup files. After checking the system we had more than enough ram, SSD didn’t go above 10% in usage, and cpu stayed at low ideal. The problem is just 2020, and these issues stay even after uninstalling and reinstalling, changing drivers and installing from scratch. This needs to be fixed.

Also it would be great to export in .3DS or .DEA anything to export shapes and textures.

• January 19, 2016 at 9:11 am #70198
      Participant

Note- Reposted by Admin to 2020 Design Forum

• January 19, 2016 at 10:01 am #70201
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Joshua
      Unfortunately yes, the majority of the times crashes are as a consequence of outdated drivers installed on the PC. Starting V11 with the new rendering engine specific drivers are required depending on the build version in use.
      Only models for Sketchup 5, Sketchup 6, Sketchup 7 and Sketchup 8 are compatible with Design 10 and 11.
      Models for Google Earth KMZ, KMZ From Sketchup, Sketchup 2012, Sketchup 2013, Sketchup 2014 and 2015 are not compatible.
      The delay opening the files is definitely not normal, this can be related to other process interfering with Design.
      Please email us an specific date and time where you would like to be contacted to revise your computers. It will be a pleasure to assist you so you can enjoy the use of the software.
      Residential.Support@2020spaces.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.