Creating an ARCED shelf bracket

• December 5, 2020 at 2:44 pm #309165
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hey gang,

I was racking my brain for how to create an arced black shelf bracket like the ones we sell in our store – obviously I prefer to render with our products…..

Then I realized I could create the arc with a SURFACE against the wall, and pull it away from the wall!  Thought I would post, as quickly and easily creating a small thing can sometimes solve a problem for folks.

Then I just added a back and a top to the arc with CUBEs to complete the shelf bracket.

I’ve now used a curve created as a Surface and pulled away from the wall to make a light fixture!  Versatile!

Ariana

• December 7, 2020 at 9:08 am #309195
      TravisH
      Participant

Great job !

• December 9, 2020 at 1:45 am #309695

Awesome – would you be willing to post the bracket as a .kit file please?

• December 9, 2020 at 2:02 pm #309738
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Mike,

We can post kit files here?

Ariana

• December 9, 2020 at 8:15 pm #309802

Hi Ariana,

Sorry, thought you might have done it in the form of Dropbox or similar link. Perhaps you could email it to me? mikel@kitchencraftsmen.com.au

• December 10, 2020 at 10:24 am #309816
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Ah! I see! – I’m afraid I’m a bit of a luddite! One of the reasons I make so many things for my designs is that I really can’t comprehend how to bring in SketchUp stuff for V11.

I will email you a kit file.  I’ll add in the lights I made for the kitchen attached – as the gold embellishments are made the same way – drawing a shape in Surface on the wall, then pulling them into the room. The actual light is a Cloud fixture with the dims modded.

The gold Moen potfiller in the same pic is made entirely out of cylinders – I’ll include it! 😉

Cheers,

Ariana

• December 10, 2020 at 6:05 pm #310013

I wasn’t even aware that you could pull a surface into a room – I’ll be trying that!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.