Creating Custom Textures

• March 28, 2017 at 1:35 pm #123005
      Steve Walters
      Participant

I am having trouble figuring out the custom textures. I saved the pictures of the tile I want to use and when I’m in the program I go to textures, custom , add, choosing the pictures , but when I go to view it it just looks like a bunch of square images of the tile instead of the actual tile

• March 29, 2017 at 4:10 pm #123151
      Allison Brandt
      Participant

I am having trouble as well.  Before I updated to v11.5, I was able to use the texture wizard.  Once I updated, the wizard was no longer there.  Today, I updated to v11.6, and it still is not there.  I have a customer that really wants to see the space with a specific tile, and I am not able to achieve the look.

• March 30, 2017 at 9:22 am #123194
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Guys,

@Steve
      – when you go in to the user textures, select your texture and then in the lower right you will see where you can change height and/or width of the texture. I have noticed however that the program maintains the aspect ration of the imported texture so you might need to scale the image in another software like photoshop before importing it in to 2020.

@Allison
      – In version 11.5 they made changes to the way that you import textures in to 2020. Now you just add them to your User texture library. The big advantage is that you no longer have to import the texture in to each design. Now they stay in your library for use in future designs.

Neil

• May 19, 2017 at 12:13 pm #131108
      Ben Skaggs
      Participant

Can you create a custom orientation of the tile?  Patterns or offset the tile?  It just looks a little plain with one 12×12 in a shower.

• May 22, 2017 at 5:05 pm #131173
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Ben,

you can do that using the editable tiles in the room catalog or you could import a jpg of the pattern you want already set up and just scale it when you import it.

Neil

• May 24, 2017 at 1:09 pm #131320
      Curt Hayos
      Participant

After we create and scale textures, is there a folder that we can copy to other machines so we don’t have to recreate everything for each user?

• May 24, 2017 at 5:07 pm #131400
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Curt,

The custom textures get saved in the C:\ProgramData\20-20 Technologies\Custom materials\Root folder on your computer. If you copy the contents of that folder to another computer it should bring over the User Textures.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.