Crown jumping up soffit molding

• April 7, 2021 at 3:37 pm #322745
      Christine Carey
      Participant

Does anyone have a way to keep the crown in place? When I use a soffit molding I can pull the crown down to the height I want in the elevation, but it frequently jumps back up to the top of the starter molding. Trying to find a way to make it stick so I am not spending so much time on it. Simply saving does not work.

• April 8, 2021 at 5:34 pm #323146
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Christine,

Normally the molding will jump back to the top of the stack because it collides with the bottom piece. I believe you would have to turn off collisions to avoid the molding from jumping.

Hope this helps!

Kris

• April 9, 2021 at 11:05 am #323303
      Christine Carey
      Participant

Thank you, Kris! How do I turn off collisions? I went into preferences and couldn’t find anything.

• April 9, 2021 at 11:20 am #323306
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Christine,

You can turn the collisions button on and off from the bottom right side of the program (on the floor plan). Any item with the grey square is Active and if its background is orange, then it is off. See the attached image.

Regards,

Kris

Attachments:
    • April 9, 2021 at 11:30 am #323316
      Christine Carey
      Participant

Oh that’s good to know. I just tried it with moldings, and it did not work for the elevation. Only with the plan. Have you been able to keep your moldings in place somehow just by turning off collision in each design?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.