“CTRL L” Kitchen Plan Duplication Changed?

• April 28, 2022 at 5:47 pm #365053
      Luke Petersen
      Participant

I’ve been working on projects where the customer would like to see their kitchen done in 2 different formats. Most of the time I’d be able to hit “CTRL L” and it would create a duplicate in the same folder but saved with “^1” at the end. Now when I use the shortcut, it will lock and unlock my cabinets. I didn’t know if anyone else was running into this issue or knew where to go to utilize this feature without using the shortcut.

• April 29, 2022 at 4:27 pm #365314
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Luke,

In the version 13.3 of Design, we added a new feature which is the Lock/Unlock feature. This new feature has taken the place for the Ctrl+L shortcut.

If you wanted to add a ‘custom’ shortcut to Design, follow the below.

1. Click on the down arrow on the shortcut tool bar and click on ‘More Commands’    -See image below

2. In the next window, click on ‘Customize’

3. Choose the category on the left and then the command on the right, click in the field for ‘Press new shortcut key’ and click on the keys that you would like to make the new shortcut. – See image below

If you simply want to create an incremental save without setting up a new shortcut, you can click on File > Save as > Incremental Save

Hope this helps!

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.