Curve Seating

• March 5, 2019 at 11:05 am #228526
      Richie
      Pilot Pro

Can anyone help please. how do I create seating like this in fusion.  Thanks

Attachments:
    • March 6, 2019 at 6:09 am #228678
      Ryan Jackson

Hi Richie,

You can use *box and curve it using the edit graphic fixtures tool. You can also use a curved wall within the Advanced Graphics Catalogue.

I believe you did speak to my colleague Larry yesterday and I understand that he helped you to achieve this look.

If you require any further assistance please let us know.

Many Thanks

Ryan

• March 6, 2019 at 4:25 pm #228811
      Participant

Hi Richie,

We’ll look at adding this style of seating to the 2020 Decorative Items catalog in a future release.

Thanks for the suggestion!

2020 Admin

• March 22, 2019 at 10:38 am #230798
      David Boon
      Participant

Curved seating booths are a doddle to do. Well they where before the upgrade, as the upgrade removed the sofas from advanced graphics. With *sofa you could make anything with it. The image attached is entirely from *sofa. By making a template to the shape/size/parameters you can rotate each segment of *sofa to form a curve by making each segment of the curve 100mm & then rotate it 2/3/5 degrees to suit the shape required. Using *box doesn’t give you the soft shapes. Half the skill in using fusion is in knowing how to make things from scratch. Whats required is than when upgrades happen they don’t bin the components with which to create. Flooding the cloud with one size fits all designs/ items just produces identikit visuals & removes a valuable skillset. Thankfully the grouped units feature allowed me to save vast swathes of components that where in the advanced graphics catalogue before they got the axe.

• March 22, 2019 at 11:24 am #230821
      Participant

Hi David,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We’ll take a look at what we can do to to rectify this and will hope to have a solution available early next week.

Cheers,

2020 Admin

• March 26, 2019 at 11:08 am #231003
      Participant

Hi David,

We’ve added new items to the 2020 Decorative Items catalog to allow you to create a variety of sectional sofa arrangements.

Cheers,

2020 Admin

• March 27, 2019 at 8:31 am #231189
      Richie
      Pilot Pro

Hi David,

Would it be possible to explain in a little more detail please.

Thanks

Richie

• March 28, 2019 at 3:38 am #231253
      David Boon
      Participant

Here is what you can do achieve with *sofa. The table acts as a template & by making the sofa about 650mm deep 875mm high & 100mm long you get the ends & middle in place at the lengths you require for your particular sceheme  & you rotate freehand or move by 2/3/5 degrees the item. Attach the cursor to the the last segment , duplicate the segment & keep moving it into place

Attachments:
    • March 28, 2019 at 3:48 am #231263
      David Boon
      Participant

This is what the finished article looks like. Components to make things are the life blood of the Fusion system. Creating bespoke solutions requires the CAD system to be able to execute it to create a truly unique look. The pendant lights above the table are a mix *cylinder , *cone & spotlights.  If you look on my renders on the inspiration contest gallery you will see that they use very little standard parts/ items. The Eggersmann tall unts have to be made from tcarc/ a door front because the catalogues don’t have the seamless doors. *box to make the tall vertical recess handle, Air Uno ceiling extractors made form *box,*ceiling wedge, & other non standard items. Miele mastercool fridges from tcarc, door fronts & matching Miele handles form the the non standard Miele catalogues. Scratch building is in the main still very much required.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.