Curved shower doors?

• June 26, 2017 at 10:40 am #136340
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I’ve been trying to make curved shower doors but I can’t match the radius and 2020 keeps wanting me to define them as trim not as a 3d shape.

Does anyone know if curved glass shower doors already exist that I can use?

Thanks

• June 26, 2017 at 10:40 pm #136670

I’m using V11.6 because of bugs in V11.8 and V11.6 doesn’t handle the arc option correctly – you can’t set the radius.

In V9 it’s all very easy though. Here is an example I created in V9 then opened in V11 for the render. I created a suitable arc, turned it into a kicker, adjusted the thickness and height and set the finish to glass.

Another way is obviously to use Sketchup.

Attachments:
    • June 27, 2017 at 12:47 pm #136867
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I’m glad someone else is having issues with arcs. I thought I was going nuts. Every time I put in a radius length it draws a line, I thought going to the origin but I turned that display on and it seems completely random, and resets the radius to something ridiculous like 458″.

I don’t have a copy of v9 so I guess I’m stuck with this at the moment. Maybe, when things slow down, I can get someone to walk me through this, at least to see what the issues are.

• June 27, 2017 at 10:53 pm #136922

If you need V9, I can send you a link. I find it handy for doing stuff like this plus I find it a lot quicker to use then V11 for general drawing. It co-exiists quite happily with V11

V11 DEFINITELY has a bug with the Arc drawing.

Neil, if you are monitoring, can we add this to the fix list please.

• August 23, 2017 at 6:33 am #144429
      Penny Lee
      Participant

hello you can use <span style=”color: #7e8083; font-family: Lato, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>curved shower doors if you are facing this types of issues then contact here http://www.dabbl.de </span>

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags