Custom Colours and Farrow & Ball

• May 24, 2018 at 10:33 am #188627
      Richard
      Participant

Hi guys.

So, I use tonnes of custom colours in my designs, and I still get loads of calls from people asking how to use SPECIFIC custom colours, like Farrow & Ball paint, for example.

The easiest way to create these is to update your RGB file to include these colours, then all you need to do is simply select ‘RGB’ from the colour change options.

Your Fusion Files will include a specific document called ‘RgbColours’, which updates whenever you add a custom colour in the ‘Manage materials’ control. To save you guys from going through and adding each colour individually, I thought I would share the Farrow & Ball section of my file so you can just copy & paste straight into the file.

Just be sure to change the line numbers to suit your own list, as this is simply copied from mine.

If you do use this, feel free to show us some of your designs using these colours!

• June 13, 2018 at 9:07 am #191305
      Jim Smalley
      2020 Moderator

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for your contribution to the community. As discussed with you (offline), your posting has inspired us to create an actual catalogue of the Farrow & Ball paints, which I am happy to advise is now available for UK customers to download.

The catalogue has been configured to work not only via 2020 Fusion’s ‘Change Material’ functionality, but also via the application’s tiling (covering) tools.

This means that the colours that you captured can now be applied even more quickly and easily by selecting the specific catalogue in either of the above usage scenarios.

Best wishes,

Jim

• June 13, 2018 at 11:55 am #191340
      Richard
      Participant

Hi Jim.

That’s great, thanks so much!

It is great to see how you guys take on board the functionality we are looking for, and introduce them so quickly!

This will make creating those extra special looking designs so much easier for 2020 Fusion users.

I look forward to helping out more in any other way I can in the future.

• June 21, 2018 at 4:28 am #192429
      Yaprak Yalcinkaya
      Participant

Hi,

Where can I access Farrow and Ball colours that you just mentioned? Thank you!

• June 21, 2018 at 4:37 am #192430
      Richard
      Participant

Hi Yaprak.

It is an additional catalogue, so make sure you have it installed.

1. If you are using the simple ‘Colour change’ option, you need to select ‘Catalogue colours’ – ‘Farrow & Ball’

2. You can use it as a surface covering, Select a wall or object to surface cover in the normal way – ‘Farrow & Ball’ – Select the finish you want, and add a covering to modify in the usual way (As per tiling)

If you don’t see Farrow & Ball as one of your catalogue options, You may need to do the following in one of your designs:

‘Home’ tab – ‘Information’ – ‘New’ – ‘All’ – find the farrow & Ball cat and add it. If you don’t see the catalogue, contact 2020 to get it installed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.