Custom Material Wizard V12.4

• May 7, 2021 at 4:00 pm #328870
      Katya Garcia
      Participant

Hi all, I have some experience with 2020 and I’m trying to get better at it. I have been watching how-to videos including how to add custom materials, for example backsplash.

This video ( https://learning.2020spaces.com/design-us/learn/course/18/play/150/placing-custom-textures ) shows a wizard within the program that allows you to crop the image however I never receive this prompt. I know I have a newer version so that could be why. I usually have to go back and forth between MS Paint and 2020 to get it properly cropped.

Is there something I should be doing in settings or installing to get this feature?

I also have tried adding slabs but the outcome is a shrunken slab photo shown as a repeating pattern. Any tips?

• May 7, 2021 at 6:49 pm #329106
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Katya,

I believe that was apart of the older version of the program as we do not have the option to crop textures in the program. If you need to crop a texture to make it smaller, then you’ll need to continue to use MS Paint.

If the slab texture you’ve added to the program is to small, then you can increase its ‘scale height’. See the attached image.

Regards,

Kris

• May 8, 2021 at 12:19 pm #329172
      Katya Garcia
      Participant

That worked perfectly. Thank you!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.