Design Catalog

• August 8, 2020 at 9:04 am #292564
      matt pflueger
      Participant

I have been trying to figure out how to download a manufacturer catalog for design this morning, but ever manufacturer I pull up on the provided list doesn’t seem to have a download link for me to obtain the catalog. Any suggestions?

• August 10, 2020 at 9:27 pm #292707
      Ken Watkins
      Participant

Many manufacturers are selective in who has access to their catalogs. You may need to contact your manufacturer, distributor, or dealer rep to get a working link to their catalogs

• August 11, 2020 at 1:13 pm #292954
      John Panchalk
      Participant

This has been the most frustrating thing for me in my last 48 hours.

Just saw an online 2020 demonstration of the Ferguson catalog, but no info on how to obtain it.  Even Ferguson has no idea how to get it!

• August 12, 2020 at 11:13 am #293056
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi All,

The issue that Matt was experiencing was related to the email address he was using. The email he had ended with “.design” and this is why 2020.net would not allow entry. The email has to end with “.com”.

As for the answer your are looking for John, from what I’ve found, Ferguson is an company with many brands under its umbrella. For instance they own some brands like Kohler, Jennair, Frigidaire, Whirlpool, and many more. Click HERE to see some brands Ferguson has.

Click HERE to see what catalogs we have available for Design.

Some catalogs such as Kohler and Frigidaire can be found and downloaded off of 2020.net.

Regards,

Kris

• August 12, 2020 at 2:22 pm #293155
      John Panchalk
      Participant

Signature Hardware, a Ferguson company, says they have no relationship with 2020 Design and aren’t sure why their catalog is listed in the cloud catalog list of available catalogs.

“Thank you so much for waiting while I had this looked into further. I had our team check and we currently do not partner with 2020 Design Live”

It’s super frustrating having spend a full 3 days looking for answers.  It makes me wonder, how many other catalogs listed are not actually in existence? Does anyone at 2020 verify available catalogs?  A lot of non-billable hours spent on this.

Thanks again, and I think I speak for all designers when I ask if someone could please address this at a higher leadership level!

• August 12, 2020 at 8:42 pm #293265
      matt pflueger
      Participant

Yes this is frustrating and inconvenient which is not what I was expecting when I purchased this license. I still cant even download manufacturers listed as partners and available catalogs such as Schrock and Mid Continent for download either on 2020.net or the  manufacturer website itself.

• August 14, 2020 at 6:48 pm #293647
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Matt,

I’ve went and checked on 2020.net and we do not have those catalogs on our website. This means that you would have to contact the manufacturer directly to request their catalog.

Regards,

Kris

• August 14, 2020 at 7:12 pm #293649
      John Panchalk
      Participant

Bull – you absolutely do list them, and even highlighted signifying they are partnered with you.

• August 17, 2020 at 12:31 pm #293702
        John Panchalk
        Participant

Kris – are you a 2020 employee?  I ask because my sales rep just explained something in great detail – NO catalogs are available on 2020.net.  It is a training resource/support site only, and any reference to 2020.net being the spot to download catalogs is wrong.

2020 users have to request ALL CATALOGS from the manufacturer, so good luck!

The only 3D files available are those on the cloud system, and that is a drastically smaller than the list on 2020.com that suggests we have access to all of those manufacturers.

This is some shady marketing. And shame on you, Kris, for not explaining this in the first place.

• August 17, 2020 at 12:58 pm #293704
          Kristopher Papaleo
          Participant

Hi John,

I am actually a 2020 Support Agent. I would suggest for you to speak with your sales rep again because I can assure you that we have catalogs listed on 2020.net for download.

2020.net is our primary resource for downloading catalogs. If you don’t find the catalog you are looking for then you would contact the manufacturer because we unfortunately do not carry all the catalogs available for the program.

Just to give you a few examples of catalogs you can download from our website. We have catalogs such as J&K Cabinetry, NorthPoint Cabinetry, Seagull Cabinets, Jarlin Cabinetry, Highland Cabinetry, Artisan Mills Cabinetry, and many more catalogs such as hardware catalogs, closet catalogs, countertop catalogs and appliance catalogs.

Regards,

Kris

• August 14, 2020 at 7:45 pm #293650
      John Panchalk
      Participant

I know Schrock had a catalog back when Menards sold their cabinetry, but that doesn’t mean they still do now that Menards dumped them (For lack of qa/qc – how ironic.)

You list Signature Hardware, but the corporate office denies any dealings with 2020 Design.

I have 26 days left on my trial. I’m curious to see how many other companies are not actually partnered with you.  How in the world is no one at 2020 Design on top of this???

• August 17, 2020 at 12:31 pm #293703
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi John,

A partner is a manufacturer that we train, we offer training sessions to them to make sure they deliver quality catalogs. This does not mean that we offer their catalogs on 2020.net.

If a catalog is on 2020.net, it is because the manufacturer wanted us to put it there. However if a catalog is not on 2020.net, then it would require the user to contact that manufacturer directly to ask for a copy.

If a manufacturer is listed on 2020spaces.com, this means that they have a catalog with us, not that we carry their catalog on our website.

We have checked on the Signature Hardware catalog and you are absolutely correct, we do not have a catalog with them. This was an error on our part and we are working on removing it from 2020spaces.com so that way no one else experiences what you have gone through. I truly apologize for this inconvenience.

Regards,

Kris

• August 19, 2020 at 1:16 pm #294327
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi John,

I’ve been a designer and 2020 user for about 10 years now.  I’ve sold lots of cabinet companies over that time.  In my experience, manufacturers guard their catalogs jealously.  2020 catalogs are downloaded from “dealers only” sections of the manufacturer’s website.  If you aren’t a dealer, you cant have them.

There are some cabinetry catalogs available from 2020’s website, but not many.  That just isnt how it’s done.  From 2020 you can download appliance catalogs (GE, Whirlpool, etc) and stone catalogs (Silestone, Cambria, etc).

From the tone of your questions, I take it you are a new user.  If you are on facebook lookup the group “2020 powerusers”.  There are lots of experienced designers there who dont mind answering questions.

2020 has a bit of a learning curve, and it can be quite frustrating, even after years of use.  Still, it’s a useful tool.

• August 21, 2020 at 12:37 pm #294618
        John Panchalk
        Participant

Kris-

You may consider removing this as well:

“Choose and insert real products from an unparalleled selection of electronic catalogs for kitchen & bath manufacturers worldwide—providing you the opportunity specify and visualize your designs accurately.”

You and sales are still on completely different pages, and I’ve no further interest in figuring out who’s right.  I’m out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.